Correlates for osteoporosis Screening and diagnosis Among Southern Older Women
- Osteoporosis screening recommendations may miss two-thirds of women aged 50-64. // Healthy Years;Apr2014, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p2
The article offers information on a study which investigates the effectiveness of bone-density screening strategy, suggested by U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), for diagnosis of older women with osteoporosis.
- Corrigendum. // Age & Ageing;Mar2007, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p238
A correction to the article "Fraser Syndrome in a 96-Year-Old Female," by Mario Impallomeni, Deepak Subramanian, Nazim Mahmood and Illes Joseph in the 2006 issue of "Age and Ageing" is presented.
- The finger-stick blues. Schulman, Rifka; Tamler, Ronald // Endocrine Today;May2011, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses the clinical case of a 94-year-old woman who was diagnosed with hypoglycemia.
- Clubbing and Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy. Burton, Melvin D.; Wain, John C. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/16/93, Vol. 329 Issue 25, p1861
Several photographs on hypertrophic osteoarthropathy in a 70-year-old woman are presented.
- Giant left atrial myxoma with dual blood supply accompanying significant coronary artery stenosis. Akkaya, Mehmet; Türker, Yasin; Ari, Hasan; Yılmaz, Mustafa // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Aug2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, pE.14
The article presents a study on a 69-year-old woman who had a giant left atrial myxoma, which is significant in coronary artery stenosis.
- Alendronate Improves Osteoporosis in Elderly Women Living in Long-Term Care Facilities. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/21/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 10, pI-54
Investigates the effects of alendronate on the improvement of osteoporosis in elderly women in the U.S. Side effects of the medication; Improvement of bone mineral density; Prevention of fractures.
- Drug-Induced Toxic Myocarditis. Ansari, Azam; Maron, Barry J.; Berntson, Daniel G. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p76
A 66-year-old woman presented with new-onset complete left bundle branch block and congestive heart failure. She had had chronic paranoid schizophrenia for 35 years and had been taking medications to control her psychiatric disorder for the past 10 years. A 2-dimensional echocardiogram performed...
- Flowered Slippers. Miller, Michael S. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p46
Relates the experience on managing an aged woman with severe leg pain and multiple ulcers on both legs in the United States. Employment of Regranex to increase the peripheral arterial flow; Decrease in neuropathic pain; Significance on the healing of the sores in the patient.
- Awareness and health beliefs of women towards osteoporosis. Seang-Mei Saw; Ching-Ye Hong; Jeanette Lee; Mee-Lian Wong; Mei-Fen Chan; Angela Cheng; Keng-Hong Leong // Osteoporosis International;Jul2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p595
A population-based survey was conducted to determine the awareness, knowledge of risk factors, and attitudes toward osteoporosis in middle-aged and elderly women in Singapore. Chinese women aged 45 years and above ( n=1,376) living in Teban Gardens (community on the western side of Singapore)...