Perceived Exercise Barriers and Participation in Tai Chi for Elderly African Americans
- A No-Sweat Exercise with Multiple Benefits. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec99, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the effect of T'ai Chi study to the elderly participants conducted at Emory University in Atlanta. Health benefits gained by the participants; Information about T'ai Chi exercise; How to learn the T'ai Chi exercise.
- Tai chi for mind and body. // Consumer Reports on Health;Nov98, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the effect of the ancient Chinese discipline of tai chi on the human health. Researches supporting the evidence that tai chi has fitness and health benefits; Availability of tai chi classes.
- Water tai chi. Argo, Carol // American Fitness;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p52
Presents information on water tai chi, a Chinese martial art exercise. Benefits of the exercise; Factors to be considered when performing the exercise; Discussion on some water tai chi movements.
- Tai Chi Chuan: An Ancient Wisdom on Exercise and Health Promotion. Lan, C.; Lai, J-S.; Chen, S-Y. // Sports Medicine;2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p217
Tai chi chuan (TCC) is a Chinese conditioning exercise and is well known for its slow and graceful movements. Recent investigations have found that TCC is beneficial to cardiorespiratory function, strength, balance, flexibility, microcirculation and psychological profile. The long-term practice...
- Tai Chi Exercise in Medicine and Health Promotion. Ching Lan; Wolf, Steven L.; Tsang, William W. N. // Evidence-based Complementary & Alternative Medicine (eCAM);2013, Vol. 2013, p1
No abstract available.
- Check your attitude toward working out. Ridley, Teresa L; Riddle, Judith Springer // Heart & Soul;Jun/Jul96, Issue 15, p20
Presents the findings of the study on the exercise habits and attitudes of blacks in the United States. Exercise and well-being; Effect of exercise and blood pressure; Importance of rest and exercise.
- Fitness becomes fun. Ravindran, Nirmala; Madhwani, Khushali // India Today;4/13/2009, p48
The article provides information on several workout regimes. Latin Fitness aerobics can burn 400 to 600 calories in just about an hour of dancing. Tai Chi, on the other hand, is a mind-body practice which can serve as an exercise which helps the flow of positive energy throughout the body. A...
- The Health Benefits of T'ai Chi. Dickinson, Sheila // Positive Health;Aug2005, Issue 114, p46
Focuses on the health benefits of T'ai Chi. Creation of T'ai Chi Arts and the development of styles based on the principles of Chinese medicine; Essence of T'ai Chi; Mechanics of the movements of T'ai chi and its practice. INSET: Dragon Stance K'ai Men Exercise.
- Tai Chi. // Massage Magazine;Sep/Oct2004, Issue 111, p120
Provides information on tai chi or tai chi chuan, an ancient Chinese system of exercise that combines relaxed, fluid movement with a calm, alert mental state. Health benefits of regular tai chi; Basic guidelines when performing tai chi; Centering; Sensing qi while standing.