PerfTech Adds Spam ID Program
- SPAM - OUR INBOXES ARE UNDER SIEGE. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Jan2007, special section p1
The article offers information on the evaluation of various anti-spam software solutions designed for a variety of business environments. The objective of the evaluation is to replicate the installation, configuration and application of the solutions. The anti-spam solutions tested include...
- Integrating Security Concerns into Software Development. Al-Fedaghi, Sabah; Al-Kanderi, Fajer // International Journal of Security & Its Applications;May2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p235
It has become clear in software development that functionality and security must go hand in hand in cases where security concerns are to be incorporated early in stages of design. An essential aspect of such a process is threat modeling that integrates security with functional specification....
- Identifying Potential Security Flaws using Loophole Analysis and the SECREt. Busby-Earle, Curtis; Mugisa, Ezra K. // GSTF Journal on Computing;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p61
In contemporary software development there are a number of methods that attempt to ensure the security of a system. Many of these methods are however introduced in the latter stages of development or try to address the issues of securing a software system by envisioning possible threats to that...
- SUPPORTING ENGINEERS IN PRODUCING SECURE SOFTWARE. Essafi, Mehrez; Labed, Lamia; Ghezela, Henda Ben // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Jan2006, p479
Several efforts are undertaken, to improve secure software engineering, however, many application engineers still miss or misuse acquired security knowledge due to domain immaturity, newness of the field, process complexity and absence of environments supporting such development. This paper...
- Layer up to keep out spam. Caton, Michael // eWeek;10/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p49
It is a fact that even the best anti-spam solutions fail to catch all spam. The quest to strike a balance between filtering spam and not filtering legitimate e-mail has resulted in products that filter most but not all spam. Unfortunately for e-mail accounts with common or published names, even...
- LEADERBOARD. // InfoWorld;7/18/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p38
Evaluates several computer operating systems and anti-spam products. Windows XP Service Pack 2 from Microsoft Corp.; Desktop OS Business Edition 2.0 from Xandros; Anti-Spam 6.0 from Symantec Brightmail; MailPoint 3000 from Digitalinfo.
- Briefs. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Feb2005, p8
Presents news briefs concerning the information technology security sector as of February 2005. Percentage of unsolicited commercial email that broke federal anti-spam law in 2004 according to email security firm MX Logic; Reintroduction of the bill of U.S. Representative May Bono (R. Calif.)...
- Data Guards. Drucker, David J. // Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p97
Analyzes issues concerning information security and spam technology products in the financial planning sector, as of April 2004. Price of the ZoneAlarmPro by Zone Labs; Recommended anti-virus computer software; Tips on setting up backup systems; Installation of permissioning systems to block spam.
- How to Manage E-Mail Effectively. Gewirtz, Jeffrey // Podiatry Management;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p47
Offers tips and techniques to manage e-mail effectively. Effects of spam on e-mails; Importance of using the block function in an e-mail program; Ways to eliminate spyware.