Cable Nets Find Traveling Companions
- Telco's long term evolution. Barthold, Jim // CED;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the Long Term Evolution (LTE) of the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions on the 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project) that effort to replace the third-generation mobile technology with Internet Protocol-fueled voice or data networks. It is noted that...
- Programmers Package Content to Go. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p86
Focuses on the efforts of cable television programmers in the United States to deliver their programming contents through Web-enabled wireless communication systems such as cellular telephones and personal digital assistants. Efforts of MSNBC and Cable News Network to deliver news headlines to...
- IN CONTROL. Langowski, Angela // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p46
Focuses on the complexity of adding personal video recorder in the cable network in the U.S. Increase interest on satellite set-tops; Proponents of integrated set-top box; Building of storage on digital set tops.
- Wireless on the wane? Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/20/98, Vol. 128 Issue 17, p50
Focuses on the poor performance of wireless cable operators in the United States. Demise of Bell Atlantic Corporation, Nynex Corporation and Pacific Bell Corporation; Amount of money that the nation's largest wireless cable company, Heartland Wireless Communications Incorporated owes in debt;...
- Wireless cable digital alliance formed. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/94, Vol. 124 Issue 26, p36
Lists the members of the Wireless Cable Digital Alliance, a research and development alliance enabling the delivery of up to 300 channels over the air.
- Cable goes wireless. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p34
Reports that some cable television operators in the United States are turning to wireless devices for a boost in revenue. Ways that AT&T Broadband plans to make money off of wireless services; Wireless standards; Services networked inside the home.
- Nickelodeon launches Nick Mobile portal. // RCR Wireless News;10/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p14
This article reports on the partnership of TV channel Nickelodeon with m-Qube to launch its Nick Mobile portal that will allow wireless users to download directly ringtones, wallpapers and text-messaging services to their cell phones. The portal also will include interactive content subscription...
- Broadband: Some Thoughts On LTE Interference. Hranac, Ron // Communications Technology;10/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p2
The article offers information on Long Term Evolution (LTE), a next generation mobile wireless technology. It states that the frequency range in which LTE bands 12, 13, 14 and 17 are present overlaps frequencies that are used in many cable networks. It suggests cable operators to consider...
- Declaration of InTERdependence. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Sep2005, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on the topics discussed in the annual Cable and Telecommunications Associations for Marketing (CTAM) summit held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the month of July 2005. With subjects ranging from video on demand, to digital video recording, Internet Protocol television and...