Stevens: Time's Up in '09
- A One-Two Punch on DTV. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;10/10/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Senate to pass two digital television bills in 2005. Date proposed by U.S. Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) for the switch of broadcasting to digital; Overview of the two bills; Information on the Senate's main digital bill.
- Regulatory Implications of the Adoption of Digital Television in Chile. Etcheverry, Sergio Godoy // Communication Research Trends;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p25
The article presents a study which examines the regulatory implications of the adoption of digital terrestrial television (DTTV) in Chile. It notes the move of the Congress to pass a presidential reform law to regulate television in the country following the adoption of Japanese Integrated...
- FCC Accelerates a Tuner Mandate. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p30
Focuses on the actions taken by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to accelerate the distribution of TV sets with over-the-air digital tuners as of June 13, 2005. Modifications made by FCC to its rules that would require all midsized digital TV (DTV) to have DTV tuners; Deadline...
- DTV Bill Asks Stations for $5 Bil in Ads. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;10/31/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p1
This article reports on a digital television (DTV) legislation approved by the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee in October 2005. The provision requires all TV stations to run the advertisements daily between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. and again between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. during the preceding year,...
- Inside the Beltway. // CableFAX Daily;12/19/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 244, p2
The article offers updates on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of December 2005. Several Republican senators have signed a letter requesting U.S. Senate Commerce chairman Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) to include a hard date on a budget bill for digital television transition. U.S....
- DIGITAL TV DEADLINE. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;03/12/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p18
Reports the digital television law passed by the Senate in Milan, Italy. Details on the legislation; Conditions of the ruling; Impact of the law on the television industry.
- THE WEEK THAT WAS. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 50, p14
Reports developments related to television broadcasting in the United States as of December 2001. Negotiations with the plans of NBC to purchase a television station; Triumph of ABC for the broadcast rights to the first two 'Harry Potter' films; Meeting among the members of the congress to...
- Wary TV makers join FCC's digital parade. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;4/10/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 29, p1
Reports the plan of Federal Communications Commission chair Michael Powell to equip television sets with digital tuners in the U.S. Reception of the plan by the consumer electronic business; Indication of a victory for broadcasters; Implications of the plan for consumers.
- DTV plan puts unfair burden on consumers. // Electronic Media;9/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p9
Concentrates on the issue involving the impact of digital television legislation of Representative Billy Tauzin on the television industry in the U.S. Details of the legislation; Reactions from other lawmakers on the issue; Feedback from the consumer on the legislation.