'Race' Finds Itself a New Place on GSN
- 'FEAR' A SYNDIE FACTOR. Martin, Denise; Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the syndication agreements signed by the producers of the reality television program "Fear Factor," in 2003. Interest from several cable networks; Estimated value of license fees for the program; Terms of the agreement.
- Cable series consider syndication arena. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p1A
Reports on the transition of cable television programs in the United States into the syndication arena. Growing popularity of cable television series; Increase in the number of cable programs; Success that October Moon's `MTV's The Real World' off-cable series has had in syndication; Prospects...
- TOP OF THE 'WORLD'. // Entertainment Weekly;2/27/2004, Issue 753, p87
Presents a list of the top ranking cable and syndicated television shows in the U.S. from January 26 to February 8, 2004, including "Budweiser Shootout," from TNT.
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.
- Channeling Reality. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Presents information on Reality Central, a reality programming digital cable channel to be launched in the U.S. in January 2003. List of the names of the executives of Reality Central; Objectives of the network; Overview of the programming on the network.
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 48, p10
Provides news briefs related to broadcasting and cable companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Brief information about the forthcoming reality serials to be telecast on various cable television channels; Renewal of the multi-year contract of Peter Jennings with American Broadcasting Co....
- A&E. // Advertising Age;5/3/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 18, pC10
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network Arts & Entertainment Network (A&E). The network's programming for the 2010-2011 television season is examined, including new programs to be introduced, the network's reality television programs, and...
- Betting on Reality. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 32, p19
Deals with the syndication of reality television programs by cable television networks. Success of Outdoor Life Network with the syndication of reality show "Survivor"; Prices paid by cable networks for reality shows which were syndicated; Caution to emerging cable networks intending to...
- Fear Factor Soars on FX. Becker, Anne; Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the increase in the household ratings of the reality television program "Fear Factor" aired on cable television network FX. Number of viewers who watched the primetime slot of the program since late June 2004; Price of the program when it was bought from NBC Universal and Endemol;...