Nutmeg Network Gets Statewide Ride
- WHY THE NETWORKS WILL SURVIVE CABLE. Mink, Eric // Atlantic (02769077);Dec83, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p63
Disputes the theory that cable television will cause the demise of network television. Adverse effects of the dearth of advertising revenues for basic cable; Affluence of the public television audience; Image problems of entertainment television; Finding that many pay-cable subscribers cancel...
- Cable Public Access as a Public Forum . Porter, Gregory S.; Banks, Mark J. // Journalism Quarterly;Spring88, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p39
Focuses on the accessibility of cable television to the public in the U.S. Availability of public access channels on cable; Importance of the accessibility of the public to cable; Offer of a wide assortment of topics and formats by cable television.
- A FUNNY THING IS HAPPENING TO TV'S PUBLIC FORUM. Aufderheide, Pat // Columbia Journalism Review;Nov/Dec1991, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p60
The article comments on the state of public television in the U.S. in 1991. There was a time when it became difficult to distinguish public television from other channels on cable television because the latter started to offer television programs provided by public television. Information on the...
- Public-TV Accord Could Be Reworked. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p68
The article reports that a digital television carriage agreement signed by public television stations and large cable companies can be revised to reflect major changes in technology and regulation in the United States. It discusses the need for cable and the public broadcasters to enter...
- Public Access Television Empowers Chicago Residents. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;4/25/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p2
The article offers information on Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV), which gives Chicago residents the right to broadcast important information. It says that CAN TV authorizes residents to disseminate information through cable television, and provides video training, equipment and...
- ACA, Public Stations In Pact. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p2
The article reports that the American Cable Association (ACA) and public television stations in the U.S. have reached a tentative agreement for the carriage of the broadcasters' digital-television signal. The 10-year multi-cast deal between ACA and the Association of Public Television Stations...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.