Univision Deal Gives LPMs a Lift
- MARKET: AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p25
Presents information on the market situation of television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Highlights of the population and television ownership market; Corporate information about commercial television stations; Percentage penetration of alternative delivery system in cable...
- New Day for New South. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the television broadcasting market in Atlanta, Georgia. Preparation of television stations for the CW network; Dominance of television station WSB owned by Cox Broadcasting; Electronic ratings system introduced by Nielsen in Atlanta.
- Winds of Change. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on television broadcasting in Chicago, Illinois in 2003. Performance of television station WBBM-TV; Ratings received by WLS-TV and WMAQ-TV; Percentage increase in advertising revenue of television stations.
- Baltimore's Turf War. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/21/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on the battle for supremacy in terms of television ratings between WBAL and WJZ in Baltimore, Maryland, as of February 21, 2005. Ratings posted by both stations in the 5 a.m. hour; Significance of the morning win to WBAL; Overview of the Baltimore television market.
- Winning in Vegas. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/18/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p13
Focuses on the growth of the television market in Las Vegas, Nevada. Impact of population growth on the television market; Revenue of local broadcasters in 2003; Rating performance of television stations.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 38, p13
Presents statistics on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. Top 5 commercial television stations; Viewership rating of syndicated programs.
- WGN A.M. Show on Top. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;1/28/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p13
Announces that the television (TV) program 'Tribune's flagship Chicago WB affiliate', a morning newscast of WGN, has high ratings as of January 2002. Names of the TV programs anchors; Analysis of program's ratings; Information on the programming schedule.
- NBC, CBS swimming upmarket. Kissell, Rick // Variety;7/23/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the ratings of television networks, according to Nielsen's National Audience Demographic data for the season ended May 2001. Programs that influenced CBS ratings; Audience share of several television programs.
- In 1st Year, Local People Meters Boost Hearst's WCVB, Cable. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;5/26/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p12
Deals with the success of the first year of deployment of local people meters (LPM) in Boston, Massachusetts to measure local television (TV) audiences. Significance of LPM to WCVB TV station; Disadvantage of not signing on for LPM; List of TV stations which refused to sign on for LPM.