USA's Hammer: Still Building
- Toughing It Out. Freeman, Michael // Brandweek;05/31/99, Vol. 40 Issue 22, SPECIAL REPORT: UPFRONT p60
Discusses the declining ratings of television action series in the United States. Reason for the decline; Changes in time slots; Comments from Tim Duncan, president of Boston Media Consultants; Information on new action series for 1999.
- No such thing as a niche too small on TV. IVES, NAT // Advertising Age;4/16/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p14
The article considers cable television programs aimed at so-called niche audiences by dealing with specialized topics including "My Big Far Gypsy Wedding, "Confessions: Animal Hoarding" and "Full Metal Jousting."
- Chrome week 47: Sports genre tops the chart with the growth of 4. 1 per cent. // Indiantelevision.com;11/30/2015, p1
The article reports on the ratings of several television programs in India as of November 2015 including the growth of sports genre and the decline of business and English entertainment genres.
- 3 Lessons From a Summer of Scripted TV. O'Connell, Michael // Hollywood Reporter;9/5/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 31, p20
The article discusses three lessons for the success or increase rating of a television program such as importance of genres, production of bilinguals such as Mexican Mi Corazon EsTuyo (My Heart ls Yours) broadcasted by Univision Communications and role of actors in the ratings.
- Los movimientos de renovaciÃ³n en las series televisivas espaÃ±olas. De Castro, Mario García // Comunicar;2008, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p147
The present paper analyzes the results of a qualitative investigation developed by the Spanish public television on the values and characteristics of the national television fiction genre, as well as other aspects of its latest evolution. The conclusions of this qualitative analysis and the...
- A Germany divided -- over the tube. Kirschbaum, Erik // Variety;11/16/2009, Vol. 417 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses television broadcasting in Germany. Very different television program genres attract higher ratings in the sections of the country which were formerly East and West Germany, with the eastern region showing a preference for programs featuring country and folk music which are...
- ALPHABET GETS SOUPED--UP. Adalian, Josef // Variety;10/11/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the improvement in the ratings of ABC television network as of October 11, 2004. Contribution of the drama series "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" to the improvement in the network's performance; Observation on the performance of rival networks CBS and NBC; Genres which could...
- WB's 'Beauty' Could Be Back Midseason. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p32
Reports on the return of the reality TV program "Beauty and the Geek," produced by actor Ashton Kutcher by 2006. Theme of the TV show; Audience targeted by the program; Viewership rating of the TV show since its release on June 1, 2005.
- ABC STEALS HBO THUNDER. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;12/14/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 52, p24
The article reports that summing up this year's Golden Globes TV noms is as simple as ABC. The formerly desperate network did not garner the most mentions--HBO maintained its domination topping the competition with 20. But thanks to new hours "'Desperate Housewives" "Lost" and Boston Public" the...