This Just In
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Wrestling, NFL get cable in headlock. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p3
Reports that professional wrestling and the National Football League football dominated cable ratings in the United States. Cable's recording of its highest primetime audience level; Statistics on audience share; Broadcasting network's recording of the lowest prime-time viewership; Increase in...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.
- TNT Scores Once Again From Downtown in Q2. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) in June 2003. Role of National Basketball Association playoffs in the dominance of the network; Other top-rated cable programs of TNT; Ratings of other television networks.
- England match gives ITV 61% share. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p3
Reports on findings by Zenith Media on the market share of British network ITV during the England versus Portugal Euro 2000 football game on June 12, 2000. Market share; Number of viewers of games through ITV and British Broadcasting Corp.
- HBO Has High Hopes For New 'KO Nation' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p26
Focuses on the rating of the Home Box Office (HBO) boxing show KO Nation in the United States. Impact of the series on the programming performance of HBO; Context and target audience of the show; Plan for the promotion of the show.
- UCONN WOMEN SCORE FOR ESPN. // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p26
Reports on the rating gained by cable television network ESPN for airing the game between the University of Connecticut women's basketball team and the University of Oklahoma. Number of home viewers of the game.
- NBA All-Star Game sets cable record. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2
Reports on record viewership of the National Basketball Association's All-Star game telecast by Turner Network Television on February 9, 2003. Total number of viewers who watched the program's telecast; Highlights of the game; Rankings assigned to the telecast.
- NHL Lockout? Hide the Key! // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 50, p8
Reports on the increase in the ratings of cable television network ESPN due to replacement programs for the National Hockey League (NHL) games coverage in the U.S. Rating generated by the network as of December 13, 2004; Comment from an ESPN spokesperson on the issue.