Moonves: CBS Wants Retrans Cash
- Retrans Warning. // CableFAX Daily;9/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 180, p1
The article reports on the business plans of U.S. cable television network CBS according to Les Moonves of Viacom. Moonves reiterated the plans of CBS to seek cash for carriage for its television stations. It is noted that CBS will no longer be tied to a host of basic cable television networks....
- LOCAL HERO. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;12/10/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the launching of the CBS Local Media division by CBS Corp. in the U.S. Leslie Moonves of CBS Corp. says that the new division will help the network push the recovery in the advertisement sector that has been most affected during the recession. He adds that the move was...
- EYE TAPS ROSS AS 'EARLY SHOW' PRODUCER. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/11/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 50, p9
The article reports on the second management change at the "Early Show" wherein Shelley Ross has been appointed as executive producer. According to CBS News and Sports president Sean McManus, Ross would have a broad authority to make changes including the hiring and firing of an on-air talent,...
- Prepare For File Shares. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p27
Focuses on the need for cable television operators to prepare for the emergence of file-sharing model. Importance of a proactive business strategy; Financial impact of video file sharing; Suggested subscription fees for general file-sharing capabilities.
- In Brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/1/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p7A
Reports on developments concerning the business sector in New Hampshire as of October 2004. Involvement of the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire in the strategic planning of City Year NH; Decision of the Souhegan Valley Chamber of Commerce to...
- Five hunts digital shop to back key programmes. Jones, Gareth // Marketing (00253650);8/22/2007, p3
The article reports on the business planning of the broadcaster Five under which it is looking to appoint its first retained digital agency to promote key programmes in its schedule. It is informed that the broadcaster has issued a request for information to a number of Great Britain agencies,...
- Showman of the Year: Leslie Moonves. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;08/28/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 2, p63
Highlights the accomplishments of Leslie Moonves as president and chief executive officer of CBS Television. His management style; His family background; His career background; Changes that he implemented in the network's television program format. INSETS: MOONVES MONARCHY, by A...
- Nets network at TCA. Adalian, Josef // Variety;8/3/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 10, p67
Highlights the events held by several television networks in the U.S. in July 2003. Party held by Leslie Moonves, chief executive officer of CBS; Celebrities who attended an event held by UPN.
- Eye on CBS. Consoli, John // Adweek Western Edition;05/28/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 22, pSR10
Features Leslie Moonves, programming executive at CBS Inc. Contributions to the network; Approach to the Fall 2001 programming season; Production costs allotted by CBS.