Executive Searches are Paying Off for Cable Pros
- Pragash Pillai. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p56
Features Pragash Pillai, director of digital engineering for Charter Communications Inc. Efforts that helped him earn the 2003 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers' Young Engineer of the Year award; Achievements in the field of cable television technology; Views on the all-digital...
- Turning Up Telephone. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p38
The article reports business development of Charter Communications Inc., a U.S.-based cable communication provider. The company honored a mother who became the 500,000th subscriber of the telephone service of the company. The firm reportedly doubled the number of homes who availed of their...
- Tennessee Utility Plans Fiber-to-the-home Push. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p35
Reports on the plans of the Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) in Jackson, Tennessee to compete against local providers Charter Communications Inc. and Bellsouth Corp. with fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) construction project. Use of Wave 7 Optics FTTH equipment by JEA for the construction of a plant to...
- Female Execs Have Their Say. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/08/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p8
Talks about an all-female panel staged at the last Western Show in December 2003. Discussion on the opportunity offered by cable to women; Comment from Oxygen Media chairman and CEO Geraldine Laybourne on the role of women executives; Interest of Charter Communications Inc. executive vice...
- Big 10 fracas: It's always somebody. M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p22
The article discusses various developments involving the regional sports network called the Big Ten Network in the U.S. It mentions that Comcast Cable Communications Inc. and Charter Communications Inc. had refused to put the network on their basic tiers, with Comcast citing a Big Ten tax for...
- In search of incremental revenue. Williams, Andy // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the struggles of telecommunication companies in Great Britain. Increase in the demand for cable television; Stiffness of the competition in the telecommunications market; Comparison on the business performance between telecommunication companies and cable companies. INSET: SME focus..
- Cable's Expanding Role in Telecommunications. Hodes, Daniel; Duwadi, Kiran; Wise[*], Andrew // Business Economics;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p46
Studies the role of the cable television industry in telecommunications. How the industry can realize its potential; Status of the industry in the video programming delivery market; Importance of the proposed AT&T-TCI merger.
- Programmers have new suitor: Telcos. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on the integration of telecommunication companies and the cable television industry in the United States. Programming services; Direct broadcast satellite business; Cable networks; Growth of cable television forecasted for 1995.
- Cities Should Stay Out of the Cable Business. Braverman, Burt // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p45
Reports on the accelerating trend of cities to move towards municipal ownership of cable systems in the U.S. Problems faced by cities in doing the same; Legal proceedings for municipal ownership of cable systems; Competitions between municipally owned cable systems.