Slow Going in Upfront
- High Wire. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;9/28/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 34, p12
The article reports on an increase in advertising spending which has been seen in the U.S. at major cable television networks since 2008 despite a recession. Predictions of continued financial success for advertising spending at cable television networks in 2010 which have been offered by...
- WITH SCATTER MARKET BOOMING, MEDIA COS. BULLISH ON UPFRONT. Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;4/12/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p8
The article presents an overview of increased advertising spending which many cable television networks are anticipating in 2010 as a result of a healthy scatter market and economic improvements which are being seen in the U.S. A discussion of advertising rate reductions which the networks...
- TOP 50 CABLE TV ADVERTISERS. // Advertising Age;5/3/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 18, pS-20
Presents a chart of the top 50 cable television advertisers in the U.S. in 2003. Rank of General Motors Corp.; Amount spent by Sony Corp. in cable advertising; Percentage of change in the advertising spending of General Mills from 2002 to 2003.
- Cable Muscles in on Ad Market. Atkinson, Claire // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p16
The article focuses on the increased numbers of cable television channels that have been scheduling upfront presentations in the U.S. for the week of May 12, 2008. The cable networks are competing for attention as the broadcast networks are trying to extract higher advertising prices while...
- Upfront Prices: 5% Rise Expected. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;6/5/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
This article reports on the expected increase in the upfront pricing for television advertisements in the U.S. The latest figures from research company SQAD, which tracks advertising prices, are uniform between broadcast and cable and among dayparts. A brief background about the Media Market...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...