IT'S DÃ‰JÃ€ VU FOR CLOSE-WINDOW REPLAYS OF BROADCAST SHOWS
- The CW's mantra: convergence. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;5/21/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 39, p4
The article focuses on television (TV) programs broadcasted on CW Television (CW) and reports that the network is launching new TV series including "Hellcats" and "America's Next Top Model." It reports that the broadcasting of these shows on Wednesdays would give CW a first weekday slot free of...
- Taking On Broadcast. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;8/31/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p5
The article discusses cable television program ratings in the summer of 2009. Cable television networks had a higher total audience for the season than did the four major broadcast networks. Networks such as USA Network and TNT use the summer to present original programs when the broadcast...
- MOOLAH FOR MOBSTERS. Martin, Denise; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/28/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the continued bidding for rerun rights for the television program "The Sopranos" from the HBO network in the U.S. Estimation of the price of the program per episode; Plan of the network to produce additional seasons of the program; Speculation on awarding rights to TNT cable network.
- DirecTV mines for gold in TV discards. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;4/8/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on the strategy of DirecTV Inc.'s 101 Network in which it offers all episodes of axed programs as a way to let revenue flows into the company in the U.S. DirecTV's initiative, which is called The Complete Series, is a good way to serve as an alternate to DVD release of...
- President's Message. // Jack Benny Times;2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1-2, p2
The author reckons the television program starred by Jack Benny which was reran by the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN). The author notes that the occasional movie could be viewed at an unconventional hours on Satellite Programming Network (SPN) on the new cable television service. Moreover,...
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign (UK);11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Trio picks up 'I, Claudius'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1A
Focuses on several television program broadcasting rights purchased by the cable television network Trio. Programming schedule for the television mini-series 'I, Claudius'; Commissioning of a one-hour documentary for the broadcast of the 1998 movie 'Elizabeth.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...