- Of the mayor, mudslinging and Olympian excuses. // Corporate Detroit;Sep96, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on Detroit, Michigan mayor Dennis Archer. Claim by Archer's election challengers that their message was drowned out by the 1996 Olympics.
- Biz antes up for Archer. Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;1/10/94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the contributions of Metro Detroit corporations to help defray expenses for Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer's inaugural celebration. Amount of contributions of the companies; Archer's plan to donate proceeds of the inauguration to charity.
- New mayor of Motown. Jones, Lisa C. // Ebony;Jun1995, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p68
Profiles Dennis Archer, mayor of Detroit, Michigan. Coleman A. Young's achievement during his tenure as Detroit's past mayor; Projects initiated by Archer; Archer's total-quality approach to management; Industrial support to Archer's urban empowerment zone project; Family background;...
- Once a lawyer... // Crain's Detroit Business;07/28/97, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p39
Focuses on Dennis Archer, Mayor of Detroit, Michigan. Archer's career as a lawyer; Awards won by Archer.
- When all the dealing was done, 3 players held the casino cards. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;12/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 51, p1
Reports that mayor, Dennis Archer had hoped to narrow the field of franchise hopefuls to three winners by November 20th, 1997. Detailed information on Archer's decision; Names of the companies which were the selected winners; Reference to the Michigan Gaming Control Board
- Archer: Apple polisher? Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;12/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the meeting between Mayor-elect Dennis Archer and 30 public relations agencies for the image rebuilding program of the city.
- Future of Belle Isle a bargain at $3 a car. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p6
Opinion. Offers a look at Belle Isle, a park which Detorit Mayor Dennis Archer will be restoring its former glory through a $3 per-vehicle fee. Opposition from Detroit City Counil members; Background information on the park.
- Archer the one for the future. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/6/93, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p6
Opinion. Supports Dennis Archer as a candidate for mayoral primary in Detroit, Michigan. Lack of government management experience; Candidate Arthur Blackwell's lapses in judgment; Candidate Sharon McPhail's opposition to casinos and regional transportation; Candidate Paul Hubbard's lack of...
- Archer delivers State of City. Cantwell, Julie // Crain's Detroit Business;02/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p24
Reports on Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer's 1997 State of the City address. Plans of Archer for Detroit.