Tennessee tax plan could put the burden on business
- TEI Offers Assistance on Tennessee Tax Reform Proposals. // Tax Executive;May/Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p226
Focuses on the letter from the Tax Executives Institute Inc. (TEI) to Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist concerning tax reform proposals in the state. Information on the TEI; Key issues in the tax reform proposals; Purpose of the letter.
- Tax--Looking Back at 2000--Year of the 39% Increase. Brian, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p74
Looks at taxation legislative measures in 2000 in New Zealand. Imposition of a top marginal tax rate for individuals on income; Amendments to the GST Act 1985; Enactment of the Employment Relations Act 2000; Items on the Government's tax policy work program for the period commencing November 1,...
- Pluck of the Irish. du Toit, Charl // Finance Week;9/28/2001, p25
Focuses on the decision of the government to broaden tax base in South Africa. Enumerations of taxes to be included in the tax policy; Emulation of the United States taxation model; Complains of citizens on the aggressive attitudes during tax investigations.
- Do Singapore's Domestic Tax Laws Constitute a Tax Treaty Override? Tan How Teck // International Tax Journal;Summer2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p49
Examines the interaction of the income tax changes with the treaty provisions, particularly on the alienation of property, in Singapore. Salient features of the income tax changes, enacted as sections 10F and 10G in 1996; Consistency of section 10F with the tax treaties; Inviolation of section...
- ON THE REFUSAL TO ACCEPT FOR CONSIDERATION THE INQUIRY OF THE ARBITRAZH COURT OF ARKHANGEL'SK OBLAST CONCERNING VERIFICATION OF THE CONSTITUTIONALITY OF THE PROVISIONS OF ARTICLE 13 OF THE LAW OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION OF 27 DECEMBER 1991... Reynolds, Sarah J. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Sep2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the legal basis of the principles of the tax system in the Russian Federation. Tax requirements; Federal bodies of the tax police; Procedures for the extraction from legal entities of unpaid taxes.
- Tax notes. // Accountancy;Jun72, Vol. 83 Issue 946, p105
Reports on British fiscal policies as of June 1972. Submission of a draft statutory instrument relating to the Regional Employment Premium Order 1972 to the Parliament for hearings; Statutory instruments published; Conditions for qualifying for Post War Credits.
- Tax Legislation and Policy Update. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p53
Reports on developments concerning tax legislation and policy in New Zealand as of October 2000. Status of the proposed legislation; Bills that were passed by the Parliament; Bills that are being deliberated.
- Income tax changes proposed. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;3/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the move of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) in proposing changes to income tax laws that provide the Commissioner of Taxation with an unlimited period to make an amendment to a tax payer's assessment.
- We Can't Afford to Go Over the Fiscal Cliff. Bailey Hutchison, Kay // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);11/29/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p2
The author comments on the need of a comprehensive long-range fiscal plan in order to avoid tax increases in the U.S.