SEC adds Web site on mutual fund costs
- Online mutual fund cost calculator. // DollarSense;Summer99, p2
Informs that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission unveiled a Mutual Fund Cost Calculator on its Web site that compares the costs of competing mutual funds.
- Mutual Fund Comparisons Available on SEC Site. // CPA Wealth Provider;Jul2008, p4
The article reports on the launch of "The Mutual Reader" Internet web page available on the website gov/xbrl of the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission. The said page is designed to examine and compare interactive information such as investment objectives and strategies as well as histroical...
- SEC's Pitt Criticizes Current Securities Law, Advocates Reform. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p5
Reports the criticism of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Harvey Pitt on the reforms of municipal and mutual funds. Investigation of mutual fund distribution practices; Plans of Pitt to establish a risk management division within the SEC; Certification of quarter and...
- SEC Votes to Propose Revamp of Mutual Fund Fees. ACKERMAN, ANDREW // Bond Buyer;7/22/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33354, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has voted for rules that would revamp sales and distribution fees charged by some mutual funds and provide better disclosure about the fees to investors.
- SEC official sees deceptive ads. Garrity // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the issuance of a warning by United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Office of Compliance, Inspections, and Examinations Director Lori Richards to mutual fund firms who manipulate investment performance figures. Mechanics of how investment figures are manipulated.
- Mutual Fund Fees, Expenses Under Increasing Security. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/31/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on issues concerning the mutual fund fees and expenses under screening scrutiny by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Ways to improve disclosure to investors; Need to require share holder in dollars with investment; Benefits of the structure of mutual funds in the economy.
- SEC proposes to simplify fund prospectuses. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf; Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;2/28/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 40, p2
Reports that the US Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) has suggested to streamline guidelines on mutual fund prospectuses in the United States.
- House Panel to Ask SEC to Scrutinize Funds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31592, p4
Reports on an urge made by members of the U.S. House panel to the Securities and Exchange Commission to examine several mutual funds issues. Types of mutual funds to be examined; Value of the mutual funds; Cost imposed by mutual fund companies on investors.
- SEC takes action to improve mutual fund disclosure. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30348, p4
Focuses on US Securities and Exchange Commission's strategies to improve mutual fund disclosure in the United States. Approval of amendments to mutual fund registration forms that would essentially overhaul mutual fund prospectuses; Adoption of a rule requiring the use of plain English...