NYPA: One year later
- NYPA offers to buy all transmission lines in state. Beaty, Wayne // Electric Light & Power;Jul96, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p24
Reports that New York Power Authority has proposed a plan to assist the state in moving to a fully competitive electricity marketplace by buying all transmission lines in the state. Proposal made during at a Public Service Commission hearing.
- Study Ranks NYPA Among Nation's Cleanest Utilities. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;09/28/98, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p18
Reports that the New York Power Authority ranks among the environmentally cleanest of the 100 largest electric utilities in the United States according to a study by the Natural Resources Defense Council and Public Service Electric & Gas of Newark, New Jersey. Emission rates for nitrogen oxides...
- NYPA: New York Power Authority. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p22A
Features the New York Power Authority. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- N.Y. Power agency OKs $1.4 billion deal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30338, p44
Reports on New York Power Authority's approval of the sale of bonds worth $1.4 billion to refund all its debt. Attempt to enhance the agency's prospects in a competitive power market; Lack of plans to compete with New York State investor-owned utilities.
- NYPA Deal Will Fund New Power Plants for N.Y.C., Long Island. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p39
Reports on the plan of the New York State Power Authority to sell tax-exempt and taxable bonds. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Privatised NYPA would compete best in the '90s. // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p10
Gives examples to show the dilemma created by New York Power Authority in electric power industry which is on the verge of rapid deregulation. Reasons for the same.
- NYPA announces hydro cuts to power users group. Dickinson // Business Journal (Central New York);10/29/99, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p1
Reports on New York State Power Authority (NYPA) president and chief executive officer Eugene Zeltmann's conduct of briefing on the authority's future plans during the 1999 meeting of Multiple Intervenors, an organization of energy consumers in the state. Reasons for the cutbacks in the sale of...
- Officials request more information on N.Y. power agency refunding deal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30332, p40
Reveals that two New York State assembly committee chairmen are requesting for more information regarding the New York Power Authority's proposal to refund all of its outstanding debt in a bond sale. Authority's pla to loosen its bond convenants in order to restructure its debt; Move toward a...
- NYPA Bonds on Positive Watch List. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p2
Reports on the rating of New York State Power Authority's senior-lien revenue bonds.