Florida utility returns to market for interest rate cap
- Southeast bond-watch. Whalen, Robert; Kinnander, Ola; Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;01/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30807, p27
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the Southeastern States as of January 13, 2000. Includes Jacksonville, Florida-based Jacksonville Electric Authority's planned bond issues; Georgia Financing and Investment Commission's plan to sell the state's remaining general...
- Quick scales for negotiated sales. // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p12A
Presents a tabulation of municipal bond negotiated sales in the United States as of February 22, 2000. Includes Jacksonville Electric Authority in Florida; Volusia County Housing Finance Authority in Florida; Nebraska Investment Finance Authority.
- Morgan Stanley presses SEC on ban in Massachusetts case. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p4
Reports on Morgan Stanley & Co.'s move to get the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to clarify whether its order temporarily lifting a two-year ban on the firm's doing municipal business with Massachusetts would extend the ban beyond the original termination date of September 9, 1998 if...
- Banned from suburbs. // Crain's New York Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p38
Reports that Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Discover & Company has banned itself from negotiating municipal bond sales for Westchester County, New York. What led Morgan Stanley to make this decision.
- Municipal Bonds Finish Unchanged; $5B of New Issues Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p2
Focuses on the amount of municipal bonds priced for retail in the U.S. Amount of Series A notes; Percentage yield of Series B notes; Retail order period opened by Morgan Stanley and Co.
- Muni Yields Rise on Falling Treasuries; Morgan Stanley Prices N.Y.C GO Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p2
Municipal bond yields rose one to four basis points on May 29, 2003 following the decline of Treasuries, while in the new-issue market, Morgan Stanley & Co. opened the first day of an expected two-day retail order period for 650 million dollar of New York City general obligation bonds. Jonathan...
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Stronger Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits declined by 21,000 in the week ending April 28, 2007. The unit labor costs grew 0.6 percent in the first quarter, down from a revised 6.2 percent increase...
- Municipal Prices Unchanged to Up 1/8 As Market Gears Up for Long Holiday. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p2
Reports on the slowdown in the U.S. municipal market in order to moderate activity and prices. Comments of the senior economist at the rating agency Morgan Stanley & Co. Bill Sullivan, on the price decline; Cause for the improvement in the position of treasury market; Market activity levels;...
- Municipals End Quiet Day Unchanged As Week's $6 Billion of Deals Unfolds. Barnett, Chip; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p2
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 19, 2001. Morgan Stanley Dean Witter's conclusion of a retail order period for a general obligation bond offering for Connecticut.