Risky business: When politics and finance intersect
- Munis Remain Firm, Treasuries Rally Despite Higher Than Expected Indexes. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p2
Reports on the stability of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. in December 10, 2004. Indicators of the movement; Implication of the trend for the Treasury market; Assessment of economists on the trend.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p17
The article presents a compilation of results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of October 23, 2006. The California Statewide Communities Development Authority has issued revenue bonds worth $19,015,000. Sales tax revenue bonds from Hernando County School District, Florida...
- Heavy New Supply Pushes Longer-Term Indexes Down. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p39
Describes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 17, 2005. Factors that contribute to the underperformance in tax-exempts; Increase in "The Bond Buyer's" one-year note index; Weekly average yield to maturity on "The Bond Buyer" 40-bond municipal bond index.
- Muni Bonds to the Rescue? Petersen, John E. // Governing;Nov2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p78
Comments on the use of municipal bonds as a debt financing tool for the redevelopment of the U.S. Gulf Coast region which was devastated by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005. Overview of role of the municipal bond market in the redevelopment of the region; Attraction to the utilization of...
- Municipals Finish Session Easier as Treasuries Fall on Lower Oil Prices. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market in the U.S. easily finished the first trading session of a holiday-shortened week, as treasuries fell after oil prices retreated to pre-Hurricane Katrina levels. Assurance on the potential economic slowdown and an eventual pause in the Federal Reserve...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p7
Presents charts depicting competitive bond offerings in the U.S. municipal market from November 7-December 20, 2005.
- Munis Quiet, Unchanged at Start of Short Week. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p2
The article describes the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 20, 2006. A trader in New York City said that the market was quiet and unchanged during the day as participants prepare themselves into a holiday-shortened workweek. Among the deals were the one from the...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p31
The article presents results of competitive sales in the U.S. municipal bond market as of November 21, 2006, including information on the issuer, due date, and amount. The issuers include Genoa Central School District No. 1 of Miller County, Arkansas, Fort Gratiot Charter Township of Michigan...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p37
Several charts are presented that list indicators in the U.S. municipal bond market, including short-term tax-exempt yields, securities prices, and new-issue balances.