California's High Court rejects plea to review 'killer B' lawsuit
- Merrill Lynch asset-backed activity said subject of FBI probe. // American Banker;9/3/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 170, p28
Reports on the Federal Bureau of Investigation's probe on Merrill Lynch & Co. and former asset-backed group head Thomas Capasse. Involvement in the securities offered by Western Savings and Loan Association backed by mobile home loans in the late 1980s; Hiring of Michael Normile by Merrill...
- Merrill ready to fight SEC if charges are filed over Orange County deals. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30359, p1
Announces Merrill Lynch & Co.'s plan to fight any securities fraud charges that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) might file against it over allegedly misleading disclosures made in connection with Orange County, California bond offerings. Merrill's refusal to follow Credit...
- Investor Tries one more time with Merrill Lynch markup suit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p29
Reports on a markup lawsuit filed against Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Alleged violations of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-30 on fair pricing and securities fraud laws; Details of the lawsuit.
- International News: AMERICAS. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2004, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the developments in the futures market in the U.S. as of March 2004. Prevalence of energy firms making settlement with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission over charges of false reporting and attempted market manipulation; Decision of ABN Amro Inc. to sell its professional...
- Accolades. // Business News New Jersey;11/15/95, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p52
Reports on the selection of Merrill Lynch Private Client Group as top honoree at the 1995 New Jersey Quality Day.
- Merrill Lynch works to win over Hopewell. P. // Business News New Jersey;01/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, pS10
Reports on the efforts of Merrill Lynch to build a 16 building office complex in New Jersey despite opposition from local people.
- Merrill makes push in Chicago for middle-market borrowers. Johnson, Julie // Crain's New York Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p22
Reports that Merrill Lynch and Co. is targetting middle-market leaders in Chicago, Illinois, the nation's second-largest business center. Business operations of Merrill Lynch; Efforts by the company to provide loans and lines of credit to local companies with revenues of $3 to $125 million.
- Conflicting views on motivations for estate planning. // Practical Accountant;Apr98, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p8
Presents a survey entitled `A Professional Look at Estate Planning in America,' which was conducted by Merrill Lynch. Who were polled in the survey; Results of the survey; Contact information.
- Merrill Lynch National Financial to change name. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/31/98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p10
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s Merrill Lynch National Financial has been renamed Merrill Lynch Bank USA. Purpose of the name change.