Texas Bill would rededicate sales tax for Austin's light rail
- TEXAS: Cap Metro Opts for LOC. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/26/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33120, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority to borrow $10 million bonds from JPMorgan Chase Bank & Co. in Austin, Texas. The authority stresses that the bonds will be used to support its declining financial performance brought by a downfall in sales tax...
- TEXAS: Temporarily Derailed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/2/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32952, p9
The article reports that two of the planned nine train stations of Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority's Leander-to-Austin commuter train service will not be ready until February or March 2009. The Authority is situated in Austin, Texas. The agency board will meet to decide whether the...
- VetRide awarded three vans from Capital Metro. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/7/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that transport provider for Burnet County in Texas VetRide received a grant of three passenger vans from Austin's Capital Metro to serve the veterans and their family members in Burnet, Llano and Lampasas counties in Texas.
- Texas-sized transit. C. Vantuono, William // Railway Age;Jun2007, Vol. 208 Issue 6, p41
This article features GTW-2 DMU diesel electric railcar from Capital MetroRail.
- New rail service on tap in Texas. Lamb, J. Parker // Trains;Jul2008, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p28
The article offers information on the introduction of a rail service called MetroRail in Austin, Texas by city's Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority. It reports that the line will use European-built diesel multiple unit cars, and mentions the construction costs involved in the service....
- Veolia out of Austin. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2010, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p16
This article focuses on the contract terminated by Capital Metro, the Austin, Texas transport authority, with Veolia regarding diesel light rail services on the route between Leander and the Texas state capital from early 2010.
- Planning a Trip In Austin Just Got Easier. Klie, Leonard // Speech Technology Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p36
The article offers information on the installation of an interactive voice response (IVR) system by Capital Metro Transportation Authority of Austin, Texas, in order to enhance its service information delivery to customers and to reduce the heavy workload on its call center agents. The IVR...
- North America. // Railway Age;Nov2007, Vol. 208 Issue 11, p8
This section offers news briefs related to the North American rail freight industry. Buckingham Branch Railroad signed a service agreement with RailComm Inc. to access its Domain Operations Controller (DOC) train control system through Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery system. Capital Metro...
- Petition for Waiver of Compliance. Lauby, Robert C. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/21/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 225, p69923
The article focuses on a notice issued by the U.S. Federal Railroad Administration (FRA). It informs about a petition filed by the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (CMTY) along with City of Austin, Texas that requests for a waiver of compliance from the Federal railroad safety...