Market snapshot: Monday, April 1
- Munis Unchanged in Quiet Trading As Treasuries Fall, Year Winds Down. // Bond Buyer;12/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31787, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States on December 22, 2003. Government securities; Treasuries; Economic outlook.
- Fannie, Freddie, and Munis. Hume, Lynn; Temple-West, Patrick; Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;7/14/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32917, p1
The article reports on the warning of economists and financial experts on the consequences that maybe faced by the U.S. economy because of the financial difficulties of secondary mortgage companies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2008. However, housing analysts pointed out that the financial...
- Experts Warn Market Participants of Rising Interest Rates. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p7
Although the U.S. economy is recovering, there is danger ahead for some municipal bond market participants from interest rates that are slated to rise about a year from now, a pension firm executive told attendees yesterday during a panel discussion at the Government Finance Officers...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, October 30. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p2
Presents data concerning the United States municipal bond market and economy as of October 30, 2000. Major deals; Economic indicators; Municipal bond index; Government securities prices.
- Crossover muni buyers find value as the stock market falls. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p8
Reports on the increase in crossover buyers of municipal bonds in the United States. Economic trends and factors affecting the market; Comments of economic analysts on the shift in buying pattern.
- Broad Bond Rally Buoys Municipals; N.Y.C. TFA Sells $56 Million to Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30867, p2
Reports economic developments in the United States as of April 2000. Amount of gains earned by the bond market; Offer of tax secures bonds for retail investors by the New York City Transitional Finance Authority; Popularity of current coupons.
- Municipal Prices End Unchanged; Market Awaits Week's New Issues. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p2
Reports on the highlights of the United States bond market on April 2, 2001. Municipal bond prices; Negotiated and competitive bond offerings; Major deals; Economic data.
- Economists See Rising Rates, Fewer Bonds in 2005. Newman, Emily // Financial Planning;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
Presents an outlook for the municipal bond market in the U.S. in 2005. Factors which contributed to the improvement of the U.S. economy in 2004; Shift in the Treasury yield curve; Influence of money issuance on the market.
- Yields Rise More Than 5 Basic Points, Treasuries Fall in Slow Summer Session. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/12/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31697, p2
Reports on the solvency in the municipal market segment and discusses the volatility in the overall U.S. economy as of August 8, 2003. Instances of greater bond yields in the municipal market segment; Statistics on bond yields for different years; Decline in the U.S. treasury revenue; Views of...