Munis down in meager trading; market waits for non-farm payrolls
- Municipals rally in early activity on coattails of NAPM report. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market in the United States has rallied on January 2, 1998. Gains; December 1997 index of the National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM); Decline of prices paid, new orders and employment; Effect of the Asian crisis on the US economy; Government bonds.
- Yield hits 4-year low on NAPM, light trading. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p2
Reports that the yield on the 30-year government bond has reached a four-year low on January 2, 1998. National Association of Purchasing Management's (NAPM) December 1997 index; Bond prices; Trading volume.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, October 2. // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of October 2, 2000. National Association of Purchasing Management Index; Construction spending; Government securities.
- N.Y. State Leads With $252M of GOs; Yields Fall Two Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p2
Presents information on bond market in the U.S. on May 1, 2003. New York State, the Port of Seattle, and the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority brought a total of more than 500 million dollars in new loans to market, while cash bond yields fell two basis points overall. Treasuries were...
- Munis Ride Coattails of Major Treasury Rally. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p2
The article reports on the impact of large Treasury market rally to the municipal bond market in the U.S. for 2006. The treasuries allowed municipal yields to decline by 3 basis points, making it the largest rally in the year. According to various traders, Treasury rally helped borrowers in...
- Munis Firm in Shorter Session As Yield Levels Attract Some Buyers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32098, p2
Reports on the revival of some buying interest in the municipal bond market due to the comparative stability in Treasuries in the U.S. Improvement of the market; Percentage of ten-year triple-A rated general obligation bonds; Failure of traders to hold on their earlier gains except for the...
- N.Y. Agencies to Sell $10.5B of 2Q Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/4/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32850, p1
The article reports on the plan of New York State and New York City's borrowing authorities to sell about $10.49 billion of debt in the second quarter of 2008. According to a schedule released by the state comptroller's office, the $4.85 billion will be new money and $5.64 billion will be...
- Munis Weaken in Subdued Trading; N.Y. Bond Bank Prices $490 Million. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p2
Reports that municipal bonds weakened in subdued trading on December 3, 2003 in the U.S. Increase in prices of Treasury bills; Impact of the decline of the Institute for Supply Management non-manufacturing index on the bond market; Municipal bonds that have been priced and repriced; Prospects...
- Munis slump 3/8; no one cheers, but N.Y.C. GOs stir some interest. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;02/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30323, p1
Reports on developments in municipal bonds and government securities in the United States as of February 3, 1998. Municipals' 3/8-point losses; Government securities' decline in the face of positive economic news; Reaction to equity gains; Pricing of New York City, New York general obligation...