- Purchasing textbooks. // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct96, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p37
Announces that the National Association of Purchasing Management is offering textbooks as part of its Professional Development Book Series. Includes `Value-Driven Purchasing: Managing the Key Steps in the Acquisition Process'; `Managing Purchasing: Making the Supply Team Work.'
- Purchasing index hints worst is over. Gill, David // Home Textiles Today;03/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p24
Presents results of the National Association of Purchasing Management survey on purchasing index in the United States. Decline in country's manufacturing activity; Percentage of backlog of orders index; Depiction of a contracting manufacturing sector.
- Chicago PMI Rebounds To Show Expansion. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32230, p2
Reports that the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer has rebounded in September 2005, according to the National Association of Purchasing Management in Chicago, Illinois. Compilation of the data on a seasonally adjusted basis; Increase in the prices paid index.
- Promise 'em anything but give 'em a price. Donath, Bob // Marketing News;01/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that marketing involves relationship-building, not confrontation. Supplier and customer collaborate to maximize the transaction's economic value. James C. Anderson and James B.L. Thomson of Northeastern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management are finding that...
- What's in a Name? // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p25
The article reports on the definition of terms provided by Institute for Supply Management (ISM) including purchasing and sourcing. These two words are used interchangeably despite its differences and being able to distinguished the differences, ISM changed its name from National Association of...
- National Association of Purchasing Management announces... // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Winter95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p33
Looks at announced release schedule of the National Association of Purchasing Management's (NAPM) NAPM Report on Business. Issued by Business Survey Committee; Survey month; Release date; Release dates for NAPM's Semiannual Economic Forecasts in 1996.
- Biz-condition index rises. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;07/07/97, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p22
Reports on a survey conducted by the Comerica Bank which indicated a 0.3-point increase in business conditions for Southeast Michigan's industrial economy from May 1997 by members of the National Association of Purchasing Management-Metro Detroit. Contents of the report.
- Purchasing managers index dips in December on Asia woes. Del Giudice, Vincent // American Banker;1/5/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on the effects of the financial crisis in Asia, on the performance of the National Association of Purchasing Management index during December 1997. Expectations of analysts; Comments from Norbert Ore, chairman of the association's survey committee; Details on the effects of crisis in Asia.
- Factory index up despite Asian woes. Cohn, Laura; Del Giudice, Vincent // American Banker;3/3/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p31
Reports that according to the National Association of Purchasing Management, its factory index increased to 53.3 in February 1998. Indication that an index reading of more than 50 means that manufacturing is expanding; How United States domestic demand is offsetting any decline in exports to...