Connecticut will dip into surplus to cover stadium's expanding price
- ARKANSAS: Extra! Press Box Debt OK'd. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/6/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33195, p9
The article reports on the approval of the 4 million U.S. dollar revenue bonds by trustees of the War Memorial Stadium Commission to help finance the football stadium's press box in Little Rock, Arkansas. The guarantee for the debt payment will derive from the stadium's advertising, rent, and...
- Seattle Stadium survives. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p1
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has decided not to hear a challenge to a 1997 municipal bond referendum that approved financing for a stadium in Seattle, Washington. Construction of a sports facility for the Seattle Seahawks football team; Conditions imposed on team owner Paul...
- Demolition of Seattle Kingdome Will Clear Way for New Construction Debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p3
Reports on the Washington State's municipal bonds deal to finance the construction of a stadium in King County for the Seattle Seahawks football team as of March 20, 2000. Details of the general obligation bond deal.
- It ain't over 'til it's over: Minnesota unveils new stadium plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p3
Reports on the unveiling of a Minnesota Twins baseball stadium financial plan which includes a bonding package designed by underwriting firms in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Sponsors of the measure; Features of the plan by the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission.
- Colorado increases taxpayer subsidy for stadium. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30339, p34
Reports on the decision by Colorado's Senate to pass a deal to build a new stadium for the Denver Broncos by increasing taxpayer funds available to back bonds for the project. Terms of the proposal; Criticisms to the deal.
- Ohio's busiest issuer: Ready again and hoping for appetite. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p28
Reports on the Ohio Building Authority's (OBA) scheduled issuance of lease rental bonds on March 22, 1999. Inclusion of proceeds for high-profile stadium projects in Cleveland and Cincinnati; Pricing and structure of the bond issue; Delay of Ohio's two-year capital bill because of uncertainty...
- Bill's goal: Get teams to pay up. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p1
Reports on federal legislation aimed at getting professional sports teams to ante up for the cost of new stadiums in the United States. Possible reduction in the amount of tax-exempt municipal bonds issued for those projects; Stadium bond sales from 1989 to May 5, 1999; Tax-exempt, taxable and...
- Washington readies deal for Seattle Seahawks' new home. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p7
Reports that Washington has determined a sale date and structure for its first series of stadium bonds for the Seattle Seahawks project. Causes of the postponement of the sale scheduled in January 1999; Financial advisers and bond counsels appointed for the project.
- New Denver bonds will kick off Broncos stadium project. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p26
Reports on the Denver, Colorado-based Denver Metropolitan Football Stadium District's municipal bond issue for the construction of a new Denver Broncos football stadium. Details of the bond issue.