Georgetown, Tex., to consider bond request to fund water park
- Kansas Oz Theme Park Project Hits Yellow Brick Wall. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p6
Reports on that county commissioners have shelved the proposed Wonderful World of Oz theme park in Johnson County, Kansas. Concerns over how tax-exempt bonds will be repaid if the theme park's developers fail to make a profit; Factors that may give the project a second life.
- Grand Canyon Gateway Mulls Bond-Funded Theme Park. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;3/30/2015, p15
The article reports on a plan by the city government of Williams, Arizona to build an amusement park and railroad museum that could be financed with 400 million U.S. dollars of revenue bonds. Topics discussed include a feasibility study due at the end of April 2015 that will help leaders decide...
- Grand Canyon Park Bill Clears Early Hurdle. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p4
Reports on the passage of the bill that would establish a theme park and vehicle support facility district in Arizona. Collection of additional sales tax on entry tickets in the district; Revision of the original measures by the legislators; Use of municipal bonds for facilities, structures and...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Preston, Darrell; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p27
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the Southwest, as of June 6, 2000. Proposed bond issue for parks and athletic facilities in Mesa, Arizona; Re-opening of the Magic Springs Theme Park, which was partly financed by a bond issue, in Hot Springs, Arkansas; Intel Corp.'s plans for...
- Bid to Reopen Amusement Park Flooded by Katrina. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/14/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33148, p6
The article reports on the plan of entertainment company Southern Star Amusement Inc. to reopen a flooded amusement park in New Orleans, Louisiana. The project will be funded with proceeds from Gulf Opportunity Zone bonds. It states that the bonds would be issued by the New Orleans Industrial...
- Aquatic Adventures. Mink, Randy // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Provides information on water theme parks in the United States. Wet 'n Wild in Orlando, Florida; Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas; Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park in Kapolei, Hawaii.
- Florida's Space Coast. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p186
Presents information on the bustling theme parks of Orlando lies Florida's Space Coast.
- At this theme park, it's Scarlett, not Mickey. Spaid, Elizabeth Levit // Christian Science Monitor;1/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 42, p1
Comments on the latest trends in theme parks in the United States. Focus on the creation of Gone With the Wind Country in Villa Rica, Georgia; Assessment of the theme park market; Details of Gone With the Wind Country.
- Park and rides are worth a trip. Fox, Linda // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/14/2003, Issue 2572, p41
Comments on treating the journey to Disneyland Resort Paris as part of the holiday in Paris, France. Supply of children's activity packs; Direct train at London Waterloo; Shuttle bus services.