Upgrade parade continues, hindered only by health care
- S&P improves outlook on N.Y.C.'s debt total; bond ratings unaltered. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrading of its credit outlook for New York City's $27 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds. Rating on the debt; Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's announcement of the city's budget surplus for fiscal 1998; Need for the city to adopt a budget that is...
- S&P Drops Munis Bcked by HVB, Toronto-Dominion. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p3
Reports that the credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. lowered its short-term ratings on municipal bond issues in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the ratings; Effect of the ratings on the Pennsylvania State University's variable-rate revenue bonds.
- S&P stands firm on California's A-plus rating. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's has decided to reaffirm its A-plus rating on California's general obligation debt this 1997. Rating agency's concern over the California's ability to respond to a future economic downturn.
- Standard & Poor's upgrades Memphis Sewer System bonds to AA-plus. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's upgrading of Memphis, Tennessee sewer system revenue bonds to AA-plus, making it the highest-rated bond of its kind covered by the agency. Factors on which the upgrade was based; Ratings given by other agencies.
- Dallas Water, Sewer Bonds Raised by S&P. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has raised its rating on the waterworks and sewer bonds of Dallas, Texas. Factors behind the upgrade in the city's bond ratings; Impact of healthy economic conditions on Dallas' bond ratings.
- Report offers glimpse into S&P's GO rating criteria. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30574, p3
Reports on Standard and Poor's Corp.'s release of guidelines for evaluating tax-backed general obligation (GO) debt. Report authors David Hitchcock and Hyman Grossman's listing of the ratios the agency uses to analyze GO offerings; Wisconsin's planned GO bond issue.
- Oklahoma Court's decision prompts S&P to restore agency's stable outlook. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/03/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30406, p34
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) removal of Tulsa County Criminal Justice Authority's bonds from CreditWatch following the Oklahoma Supreme Court's ruling that the authority was created legally. S&P's ratings on sales tax bonds in January 1998; S&P's stable outlook on the bonds;...
- GEORGIA: Woodstock's 3-Notch Drop. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/4/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33792, p7
The article offers information that the company Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its rating on general obligation bonds of Woodstock, Georgia to A-minus from AA-minus.
- Lakewood Ranch CDD 5, Fla., Upgraded to BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;11/18/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its underlying rating on Lakewood Ranch Community Development District No. 5, Fla.'s series 2007 bonds to BBB-plus from BBB.