Vanguard Group Inc
- THE VANGUARD ENERGY FUND. Bandtel, Karl E. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p41
Features the investment outlook and sales focus of Karl E. Bandtel, senior vice president of Wellington Management Co. that manages the Vanguard Energy Fund. Economic situation in terms of energy stocks, the equity market, and oil prices; Objective of the company; Advantages of investing in...
- NY replaces TIAA-CREF With Vanguard in 529 Plan. // Money Management Executive;8/11/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the selection of Columbia Management Group, a division of Fleet Bank, and Vanguard by New York State's College Savings Program to manage its 529 plan. Factors considered in New York's decision to make the change; Tasks of Columbia and Vanguard.
- Vanguard Windsor II Investor. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Oct2011, Issue Q4, p29
Several graphs and tables are presented which shows performance, historical profile, ratings and risks involved including portfolio analysis of Vanguard Windsor II investor as of September 30, 2011.
- Vanguard Wellington Inv. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Oct2011, Issue Q4, p30
Several graphs and tables are presented which shows performance, historical profile, ratings and risks involved including portfolio analysis of Vanguard Wellington investment as of September 30, 2011.
- Vanguard Launches Total Bond Fund II. // Money Management Executive;2/2/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p5
This article reports on the move by Vanguard to launch Vanguard Total Bond Market II Index Fund, a broad market bond fund that will be used exclusively by its Target Retirement and LifeStrategy families. It explains that the fund will be benchmarked against the Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate...
- Vanguard 401(k) Investors Fared Better Than Market. // Money Management Executive;6/15/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p5
The article reports that the 17% drop of median decline in the three million defined contribution accounts distributed by Vanguard opposes the U.S. market's overall 44% decrease. It reveals that the 36% of participants' balances either stayed flat or inclined, and only 33% experienced falls of...
- A Balanced Portfolio Makes the Difference in Boom Times or Bust. Davis, Joe // AUANews;Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses the significance of a balanced portfolio in overcoming the economic challenges in the U.S. According to the author, a balance between the stock and bonds improves the investment returns regardless of the economic condition. Data from a research conducted by Vanguard Group...
- Favorite Funds Update. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Aug2007, Issue 51, p3
The article presents an update to the author's list of favorite Vanguard stock funds. This update replaced the Vanguard U.S. Value with Vanguard Dividend Growth. The author states that the U.S. Value is still a good fund, but its inclusion on the list was based in part on the fact that it gave...
- Featured Funds. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Aug2007, Issue 51, p3
The article features the two Vanguard stock funds namely Vanguard Value Index fund and Vanguard Balanced Index fund. It is stated that a broad diversification and a sound construction methodology make Vanguard Value Index fund's benchmark a good gauge of the large-value stocks. The author says...