The ABCs of product liability
- Tort Reform Policy. Gregory Mankiw, N. // Congressional Digest;Apr2005, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p103
The article focuses on a speech delivered before the Macroeconomic Advisers Washington Policy Conference held on September 9, 2004, by N. Gregory Mankiw, Chair, U.S. Council of Economic Advisers. He discusses the Tort reform Policy in his speech. tort system fails to impose fair penalties and...
- Fifty Years After Brown v. Board: Five Principles for Moving Ahead. Blasi, Gary // Berkeley Women's Law Journal;2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p324
Presents a speech by Gary Blasi on November 14, 2003 at University of California, Berkeley, School of Law as part of a symposium on rekindling the spirit of the Brown v. Board of Education case. Questions that lead to the test for deciding whether educational reform policies have succeeded or...
- THE LAWYER-ADVOCATE VS. THE POET-ADVOCATE. Corbett, Tom // Widener Law Journal;2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p737
The article presents a speech by U.S. Attorney General Tom Corbett, delivered at the "Widener Law Journal" Symposium titled "The Lawyer As Poet Advocate: Bruce Springsteen and the American Poet," held in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on February 24, 2005. He discussed the involvement of poetry in the...
- The Independence Of the Bar: ITS MEANING AND ITS FUTURE. Drinan, Robert F. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/1/65, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p102
Presents the text of a speech given by Boston College Law School Dean Robert F. Drinan during the 28th Annual Convention Banquet of the National Lawyers Guild on November 13, 1965, which deals with lawyers.
- FRANCIS JEFFREY: A SPEECH AT THE HIGH COURT. Groves, David // Notes & Queries;Sep1988, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p312
This article is a critical assessment of the concluding speech of lawyer Francis Jefferey, delivered before the jury at the High Court (Edinburgh) on behalf of Mary M'Kinnon who was charged with murder. He would begin with stating that, if they were satisfied the case was not made out so as to...
- Suppliers prepare for liability. Keenan, Tim // Ward's Auto World;Mar97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p49
Enumerates measures which automobile manufacturers or suppliers can take to avoid product-liability lawsuits. Production of high-quality products; Systematic approach to designing flaws out of the system; Creation of financial reserves and organization that will react to filed suits.
- 'We're standing in...ashes' Moore, Darin // Westchester County Business Journal;10/1/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 40, p4
Presents an excerpt of the speech by Reverend W. Darin Moore during the 11th Annual Brotherhood Breakfast in Westchester County, New York.
- Easy tiger! It's time to pet your colleagues. // Personnel Today;5/21/2002, p52
Focuses on the speech given by businessman, Jonas Ridderstrale at the Human Resources Forum in Great Britain.
- What Henry Heard. Howe, Irving // New Republic;3/26/77, Vol. 176 Issue 13, p20
Presents some edited excerpts from the keynote speech of Irving Howe at the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee convention in Chicago, Illinois.