Cat shows transmissions
- Cat pounces on the drivetrain. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p20
Reports on a line of planetary transmissions that is being developed by Caterpillar for vocational truck applications as of April 2005. Engines in which the transmission is compatible.
- Caterpillar, Cummins rank highest in HD truck engine customer satisfaction. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the J. D. Power and Associates "2007 Heavy-Duty Truck Engine/Transmission Study," which measures customer satisfaction with engines in two-year-old heavy-duty trucks. The study indicated that Caterpillar and Cummins rank highest in their respective segments in satisfying...
- NEW WHEEL LOADER FROM CATERPILLAR. // Coal Age;Jul2005, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p54
Presents information on the 994F wheel loader from Caterpillar. Specification of the engine used in the loader; Application of the Caterpillar Oil Renewal System in the vehicle; Features of the loader's hydraulic system; Benefits of the Steering and Transmission Integrated Control to loader...
- MATCHMAKING. Barton, Tim // Overdrive;Nov2002, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the importance of matching transmissions with engines for a cost-efficient truck suitable for a specific application. Advantages of flatter torque curves in engines; Transmissions and gearing; Drive shafts, axles and tires. INSET: A CONTRARIAN APPROACH.
- Cat's 'Culture' Shift. Matthei, Paul // Diesel;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p36
The article evaluates the Ultrashift-Plus 19\8-speed automated transmission of CT610 and CT630 trucks from Caterpillar Inc.
- CATERPILLAR. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2007, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p32
The article offers advice from Caterpillar on-highway transmission marketing manager Steve Rutherford on how to specify for truck resale. Rutherford mentions the importance of specifying an integrated powertrain and providing for flexibility into other applications. He adds that specifying...
- Innovative creep drive motor. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Apr2010, p2
The article evaluates the new creep drive motor from Poclain Hydraulics.
- Dual fuel for Cat engines. // Fleet Owner;Jul96, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p41
Introduces the first electronically controlled series of medium- and heavy-duty engines that run on both diesel and natural gas or propane. Major advantage of Cat's new dual-fuel technology; Benefits of the new system; Availability.
- Caterpillar Inc. announces 1998 truck engine product line. // Fleet Equipment;Aug97, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p15
Announces Caterpillar Incorporated's 1998 truck engine product line. Includes Cat340GE; Cat C-10; Cat C-12.