Haldex simplifies ABS control
- The bugs in cars' electronic controls. Fleming, Nic // New Scientist;3/27/2010, Vol. 205 Issue 2753, p20
The article refers to problems or risks associated with several electronic control mechanisms in automobiles. Topics include cruise control systems, anti-lock brakes, engine control module, remote-controlled door locks, power steering, electronic throttle control, and vehicle data bus digital...
- Brochure details trailers ABS. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jan2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p43
Reports on the brochure released by Haldex for the PLC Series trailer antilock braking system. Features of the system; Other products highlighted in the brochure.
- Haldex ABS gets combination-style nipple. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p47
A preview of the combination-style nipple for anti-lock braking system (ABS) from Haldex Commercial Vehicle Systems.
- Unlocking ABS. Baxter, John // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p110
The article presents information on the maintenance of antilock brake system (ABS). It is noted that the maintenance of ABS is simple because of its self-diagnostic capability. Bendix offers a remote diagnostic unit to make it easier for technicians to interpret trouble codes. A brief overview...
- Haldex introduces new FFABS. // Bulk Transporter;Aug2009, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p44
The article evaluates an anti-lock braking system Full Function ABS (FFABS) from Haldex Commercial Vehicle Systems.
- Safety's on a roll at Haldex. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2005, Vol. 162 Issue 5, p22
Lists the products launched by Haldex at the Mid-American Trucking Show held in the U.S. as of May 2005. ModulX Air Disc Brakes; PLC Select 2M antilock braking system; Electronic Lining Wear Sensor.
- Promoting safety. Shahmanesh-Banks, Nargess // Automotive Engineer;Feb2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on Bosch Automotive Motor Systems' Electronic Stability Program (ESP), an active automobile or driving safety system available as an option on new vehicles. ESP links the functions of the antilock braking systems and the traction control system to maintain control of a...
- ABS gets smaller and smarter. // Automotive Engineer;Feb2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p39
The article reports Bosch Automotive Motor Systems Corp.'s launch an uprated version of its antilock braking system that is smaller, lighter and quieter. The ABS 8.1 reduces braking distance and produce less vibration in the pedal. The new ABS has a more efficient control loop for the return...
- Staying on Track. Sramcik, Tim // Automotive Body Repair News;Nov2004, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p86
Highlights several innovations in vehicle control systems in the U.S. Importance of modular approach in understanding pre-accident or control technology; Discussion on how anti-lock brakes operates; Details on the capabilities of the traction control. INSETS: How powerful are rollover...