Disc brakes coming from Haldex
- Haldex offers service parts for air disc brake caliper. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2009, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p42
The article evaluates the Dana ESD-225 air disc brake caliper from Haldex Commercial Vehicle Systems.
- Disc brakes coming from Haldex. // Refrigerated Transporter;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p29
This article reports that Haldex Corp. introduced its ModulX line of air disc brakes engineered specifically for heavy duty applications. ModulX offers 19.5" and 22.5" sizes to meet brake torque, wheel size, disc diameter, and other specific vehicle requirements, in addition to a 17.5" size...
- Haldex and Dana/Spicer to jointly develop air disc brakes. // Fleet Equipment;Aug98, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the letter of intent signed by Haldex Brake Products Corp. and Dana's Spicer Heavy Axle & Brake Division to develop an air operated disc brake for heavy commercial vehicles. Terms under the agreement; Impact of the agreement on both companies.
- in focus: AIR DISC BRAKES. Baxter, John // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p28
Features several air disc brakes that are available in the U.S. market. DiscPlus Air Disc Brake EX225L from ArvinMeritor Inc.; Bendix ADB22X from Bendix Spicer Foundation Brake LLC; ModulX DB17 from Haldex Commercial Vehicle Systems.
- Haldex torques laterally. // Automotive Engineer;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p52
The article evaluates the torque system from Haldex Group.
- Dana Spicer air disc brakes on Kenworths. // Modern Bulk Transporter;May2004, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p62
Reports on the use of Dana Corp.'s Spicer ESD225 air disc brakes on Kenworth trucks. Comparison with standard truck brakes; Installation on steer axles; Advantages of the brakes' caliper design.
- Brake rule won't limit options. Richards, Paul // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p10
The author offers a look at some of the available drum, or cam, brakes that can be used by tractor operators once the U.S. Highway Safety Administration implements its proposed rule that will require reduction in tractor stopping distance by 2009. According to ArvinMeritor brake engineering...
- Air Discs - The Most Effective Brakes. Deierlein, Bob // Fleet Equipment;Sep99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p60
Focuses on air disc brakes (ADB), considered to be the best braking systems available. Reasons users are not specifying them very often; Factors that influence the selection of brakes; Advantage of the ADB ledger; Features and benefits offered. INSET: Users Like `Em!.
- The DiscPlus brake alternative. Hatfield, Allison // Overdrive;Mar97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p101
Introduces DiscPlus air disc brakes from Rockwell Automotive. Major improvements over DuraMaster; Actuation mechanism; Maintenance advantages; Internal adjustment mechanism.