Emerging trend to wide singles, air-disc brakes
- Air disc brake pads for mixed combinations. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;2/21/2012, p10
The article previews the Textar T3070 air disc brake pad from TMD Friction Inc.
- Utility Receives Largest Single Trailer Order from Prime Inc. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/7/2014, p1
The article reports that the trucking company Prime Inc. has recently purchased 2,500 Utility 3000R reefer trailers from Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. Views of Paul Higgins, Director of Maintenance of Prime Inc., on the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the new trailers is presented....
- Air disc brakes optional on intraax, Vantraax. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2005, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p53
The article reports on Hendrickson's launch of air disc brake packages as a premium option on many Intraax and Vantraax suspension systems. The company delivers a complete air disc braking system matched to several wheel-end and spindle options meeting the requirements of most trailer...
- Trailer weight reduction options. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;8/26/2015, p18
A chart is presented that lists the lightweight options for trailers including the air disc and aluminum hub, wood composite, and brakes.
- Air disc brakes: The next stage. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;10/8/2015, p18
The article discusses the reliance of the safety systems and semi-autonomous truck platforms on braking consistency for the delivery of expected performance improvements. Topics discussed include the statement of Wabco Holdings Inc. president Jon Morrison regarding the significance of looking at...
- Winter air hose maintenance. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p16
The article offers maintenance tips to help prevent tractor-trailer air system freeze-ups during cold weather. Experts at Phillips Industries recommend regular checking of the air brake system for excessive leakage. They add that routinely draining the air system reduces the possibility of...
- what's new in: Air dryers. McGuffie, Deborah // Fleet Owner;May2005, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p68
The article reports that the majority of today's air-braked vehicles are now equipped with air dryers. Their role in removing liquid, vapor and solid contaminants from a truck's air system has become increasingly important as components like trailer ABS which need clean, dry air to function...
- Air Discs - The Most Effective Brakes. Deierlein, Bob // Fleet Equipment;Sep99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p60
Focuses on air disc brakes (ADB), considered to be the best braking systems available. Reasons users are not specifying them very often; Factors that influence the selection of brakes; Advantage of the ADB ledger; Features and benefits offered. INSET: Users Like `Em!.
- Product Profiles. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2004, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p84
Features several trucks and trailers parts and other transportation equipment. Bendix Spicer ESD225 air disc brakes on T600 and T800 models from Kenworth; T/A Cobra Truck Equipment with added material chute door from Global Custom Products Inc.; Airtek integrated front axle and air suspension...