All-composite platform trailer will scale under 8,000 lb
- Composite trailer. // Fleet Owner;Feb2004, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the announcement made by Martin Marietta Composites on the completion of its first composite trailer manufactured in its Sparta, North Carolina plant. Features of the trailer; Ceremony marking the completion.
- Cranking up composite trailers. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2004, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p32
Provides information on the transfer trailers produced by Martin Marietta Composites in Sparta, North Carolina. Description of the trailers; Partnership of Martin Marietta with Composittrailer NV of Lokeren, Belgium; Goal of the trailer company; Benefits of the company's production facility.
- Martin Marietta's new plant begins producing. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the start of the production of trailers in the plant of Martin Marietta Composites in Sparta, North Carolina. Commemoration of the first trailer completed by the company on December 18, 2003; Features of the trailer; Trailers produced at the facility.
- New hybrid electric bus takes advantage of composites. // Composites Technology;Aug2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p41
The article discusses the design and construction of a green transit bus developed by Mobile Energy Solutions LLC. The bus frame is infusion molded by Martin Marietta Composites. Monolithic solid laminate is incorporated into the structure. Plywood and fiberglass female molds made from...
- THINKING IN 3D. Jansson, Patricia // Appliance Design;Sep2004, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p33
Discusses the concept of soft magnetic composites and its significance to motor designs. Main feature of an SMC component; Value of the isotropic properties of SMC materials; Benefits from the SMC concept.
- TECHNICAL BULLETINS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov2004, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p14
Reports on developments related to materials business in the U.S. as of November 2004. Development of a project on carbon-coated nanostructured electrodes by Altair Technologies Inc.; Agreement between Competitive Technologies Inc. and Cutting Edge Technologies LLC over commercialization of...
- Of Material Interest. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr2002, Vol. 160 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on innovations in composite materials. Characteristics of Bayer Corporation's Magicore structural body panel for camping trailers of Viking Recreational Vehicles; Replication of dinosaur bones using silicon rubber molds.
- BIG BOXES OF PRODUCTIVITY. Richards, Paul // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 164 Issue 7, p72
The article discusses various factors and trends adopted by van trailers that contribute to their financial success. State-of-the-art engineering has led to the design and development of better tools that can analyze the properties of materials, thus enabling the replacement of heavier...
- Trailers getting lighter. // Fleet Owner;May2011, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that a lighter weight dry van trailer prototype was introduced by Great Dane Trailers Inc. at the 2011 Mid-America Trucking Show. Rick Mullininx, the company's executive vice president-engineering, revealed that the company made a variety of material and design changes to...