Beall looks back on a century of operation
- DueÃ±as either already has a solution or can build one for you. Nylund, Liisa Nido // Caribbean Business;8/23/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 33, pS14
The articles announces the services offered by DueÃ±as Trailers, a family-owned business enterprise, to the pharmaceutical industry in Puerto Rico. The company's trailers are used to fix any space problems either for temporary or permanent use. It caters to the immediate need for additional...
- IMPERIAL CASKET LTD: One Hundred Years in the Making. // Canadian Funeral News;Feb2013, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p9
The article features Imperial Casket Ltd., a Canadian family business that was founded in 1913 and continues to prosper a century later. The business was started by Robert Aves. By 1960s, Imperial had established itself as one of Canada's foremost suppliers of caskets. Imperial has reportedly...
- Nothing as bad as foot and mouth. Hobson, Steve // Motor Transport;9/10/2012, p22
The article profiles Wm Armstrong Ltd. family firm which celebrates its 85th anniversary in 2012. It says that the firm was founded by William Armstrong that built its business on livestock haulage and milk collections in England. It mentions that the company had built a loyal customer base that...
- Family Foibles. Savage, Rhonda // Hardwood Floors Magazine;Apr/May2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p21
The article presents the common problems that a person needs to avoid when in business with a family member, including overstepping bounds, taking home work, and unfair pay.
- Shooting supply store hits mark in valley. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;8/5/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p6
Focuses on the operation of the family-owned business enterprise, American Shooters Supply and Gun Club in Nevada. Range of product offerings and customer services; Impact of the terrorist attacks on the gun sales; Aid of the family background in law enforcement to the success in business.
- US's oldest continuously operated, family-owned winery hits 130 year mark. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/7/2013, p4
The article mentions the anniversary of the family-owned winery, Wente Vineyards, which has been in operation for 130 years.
- Joining the family--working with family businesses. Karofsky, Paul I.; Mills, Bonnie // CPA Journal;Jul95, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p28
Offers a look at the problems associated with family businesses. Tips to accountants on how to market their services to family businesses; Leadership role of accountants in the resolution of problems faced by family businesses. INSET: Family businesses willing to take their problems to school..
- Family Offices Come Downtown. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Mar2002, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on the emergence of family office services in the United States. Management of the financial needs of the family; Emphasis on transferring of wealth to subsequent generations and philanthropy; Details on the areas of financial services. INSETS: Specialized Resources.;Terms of Engagement..
- 1mage Processing System Improves Efficiency. // Database Trends & Applications;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the installation of 1mage processing software by family-owned business enterprise H. D. Fowler in Bellevue, Washington. Commitment of the firm to customer service; Automation of business operation; Elimination of data entry through barcoding.