Trailer shipments up 9%
- Banner year for trailer shipments. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2005, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p4
Reports on an increase in truck trailer shipments in the U.S. in 2004. Trailer categories which were part of the market growth; Factors that influence the ability of the trailer industry to raise production rates; Demand for Class 8 trucks.
- Trailer shipments still climbing. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2006, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the continued double-digit growth in the shipments of platform, tank, bulk and truck trailers in the U.S. in the first half of 2006, according to the Economic Planning Associates of Smithtown, New York. The shipments made by trailer manufacturers in the first half of 2006...
- EPA Inc reports 9% gain in truck trailer shipments. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2006, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the increase in trailer shipments in 2005 based on statistics from EPA Inc. Categories of trucks with the highest rates of shipment; Statistics on the increase in shipments of every type of complete trailer; Comparison of the trailer shipments in 2005 with that in 2004.
- Truck Drivers Get A Lift From Their Daily Routines. Barrese, Robert // Food Logistics;11/15/2001, Issue 46, p50
Reports that food service distributor Quality Foods Inc. has used the SDL 1000 trailer liftgate from Waltco Truck Equipment Company in the U.S. Details on the operation of the liftgate; Features; Lifting capacity.
- WHEN THE BOAT COMES IN. Tuck, Bob // Truck & Driver;Feb2008, p44
The article offers a look at the operation of a TK8 trailer, manufactured by B Mundell Ltd. The company makes about 3,500 crossing annually, which generate an estimated Â£600,000-worth of ferry expenses. The author followed the 24-hour operation of the trailer. He discovered the efficiency of...
- Trailer shipments continue to grow. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the growth of truck trailer shipments in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2005. Percentage increased in the shipments according to the Economic Planning Associates (EPA) quarterly survey of trailer manufacturers; Views of EPA president Peter Toja on the growth; Effect of expanding...
- Trailer orders decline 9% in April 2008. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the trailer orders in the U.S. in April 2008. Total number of trailers ordered for the month is 10,845, nine percent less than the same period in 2007. On the other hand, dry van orders went up in April to 5,466, 29% higher year-on-year. Dry van inventories went down by...
- Advancements in pre-painted aluminum offer options to van manufacturers. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the advantages of the advancements in pre-painted aluminum to truck and trailer body manufacturers. These include the improved machinability within the fabrication process, the increase in cosmetic longevity throughout the life of the product, and the enhanced corrosion...
- The Loading Dock: Combating New Hazards. Ketchpaw, Bruce // Risk Management (00355593);Jul86, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p44
This article explores the problems in plants where loading dock designs have not kept up with changes in shipping and manufacturing. Industry planners have realized that proper loading dock design is essential to productivity and safety. Companies are converting to inventory systems in which...