- Language training has business merit. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;2/25/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p3B
Focuses on the language and culture training of employees with foreign companies in the Tucson, Arizona. Preparation of Swedish company Boforf Defence on language program for US Raytheon employees; Percentage of school business from business clients; Classes offered by Bernard Language School...
- Speaking well of language lessons. Nichols, Don // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p126
Focuses that many restaurants and hotels in the United States are giving language lessons to immigrant employees. Hotels' Spanish language lesson for managers; Kimpton Group's Renaissance classes at its hotels. INSET: Box tree: The next.. (strike at Box Tree restaurant)..
- Cï¿½mo se Dice 'Strip Mall?' Knowles, Anne // Shopping Center World;Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p31
Reports on the enrollment of employees at Michael A. Pollack Real Estate Investments in Spanish classes in Phoenix, Arizona. Enhancement of business communication with the Hispanic tenants; Expansion of the investment portfolio; Services offered to customers.
- Language learning and labour market inclusion in Germany. Kleiner, Bettina // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;Spring2011, Issue 11, p11
The article discusses social and labor market issues of migrants and their children in Germany. It states that the unemployment rate of migrants is twice that of white Germans and it states that it could be due to unwillingness to integrate, that is to adopt traditional German values and...
- Workplace language training for migrant workers in France. Darthy, Isabelle; Portefin, Christophe // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;Spring2011, Issue 11, p13
The article focuses French language training for non-European Union migrants in France. It states that in 2010, National Cross-sectoral Lifelong Learning Agreement and Law was signed by trade unions, employer organizations and the government, which insist on basic knowledge and skills, as...
- MIND YOUR LANGUAGE. // Training Magazine;Jan2005, p14
Focuses on the Blended Language Learning programme for employees developed by the European and Languages Services (ELS) division of the London Metropolitan University in England. Information on e-pack, an online self-study component of the programme; Components of the course; Plans of ELS to...
- Language Skills Lacking. Lunney, Kellie // Government Executive;Nov2000, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p16
Focuses on the need of the United States government for employees trained in foreign language skills. Assistance in the training of foreign service officers and translators; Challenge of the search for language teachers.
- The Challenge of Language Training. Hensley, Scott C. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jan-Mar99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p53
Suggests ways to resolve the problems in providing foreign language training to United States military personnel. Scheduling; Resources for training; Deployment in target country; Use of the Internet.
- Qualitative English Language Training - Need of the Hour. Gore, Vitthal // Drishtikon: A Management Journal;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p56
Training has broadened and increased in sophistication; trainers, researchers and practitioners have learned to discriminate different kinds of cultures, individuals, situations, behavior patterns, language patterns, etc. In the course of time, a number of training methods have been developed;...