Healthcare IPOs Swoon, Leading some to M&A
- FINANCIAL SPONSORS, UNDERPRICING, AND LONG-RUN PERFORMANCE: VENTURE CAPITAL-VERSUS PRIVATE EQUITY-BACKED IPOS. // Journal of International Finance & Economics;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p29
No abstract available.
- Report: Global venture funding requires stronger IPO market. STOMMEN, JIM // Medical Device Daily;6/27/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 118, p1
The article looks at the highlights of the "2011 Global Venture Capital Survey," which was sponsored by Deloitte and the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA). Majority of global venture capitalists in the survey points out the low levels of initial public offering (IPO) activity in their...
- The effects of venture capitalist affiliation to underwriters on short- and long-term performance in French IPOs. Chahine, Salim; Filatotchev, Igor // Global Finance Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p351
Abstract: This paper explores the signalling and monitoring effects of venture capital (VC) backing and venture capitalist affiliation to lead underwriters on performance of IPOs in France. IPOs in which VCs are affiliated to lead underwriters (i.e., affiliated VCs) have lower underpricing than...
- We're in the MONEY. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;3/24/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the venture capital raised in Tucson, Arizona. Decline in the investments by corporations; Lack of opportunity in the initial public offering market; Responsibilities of venture capitalists.
- In Falling Market, TSX Shareholders Vote for IPO. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;10/7/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p6
Reports the vote of Toronto Stock Exchange shareholders in favor for an initial public offering (IPO) in Toronto, Ontario. Expectation of participants to market the shares to retail and institutional investors in the U.S. and Canada; Importance of monitoring market conditions before pursuing...
- IPO activity down in 2003. // CA Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p13
Presents a discussion on how the IPO activity in Canada is declining. Fall in IPO market by 20% in 2003; Indications of investors movement to broader range of equity offerings; Suggestion of public offerings making a comeback with Workbrain Corp. as the first software offering in Canada in the...
- Nairobi Securities Exchange shares almost doubled in Kenya debut. // African Business News;9/9/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Entelos' First Year as a Public Company. Russell, John // Bio-IT World;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p38
The article reports on the decision of systems biology pioneer, Entelos to go public on the Alternative Investment Market in the London Stock Exchange (ENTL). The company raised $20 million, a portion that went to pay down company debts. After their move to go public, Entelos reported revenues...
- Two views of Venture Capital. Tims, Stan // Texas Business Review;Apr99, p1
Examines the venture capital business in the United States, from the perspective of investors. History of the venture capital industry; Changes in the role of venture capitalists; Role of initial public offerings in the venture capital market; Venture capital financing in 2000.