- City backs Madison Ave. plan. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p12
Reports on the financial help extended by Cleveland City Council to West Side community development corporation in buying a medical office building on Madison Avenue. Approval of loan for Cudell Improvement Inc.; Financial plans of Cudell Improvement Inc.
- Reshuffling a stacked deck. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;2/13/95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, pSR1
Reports on the efforts of community development organizations in Chicago, Illinois to address crime, infrastructure and workforce education in their business districts. DevCorp. North executive director Mari Gallagher's moves to erase public perception that Howard Street is a dangerous place to...
- A statewide list of development agencies. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/13/95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, pSR2
Presents a list of economic development agencies for Illinois communities or areas with populations of more than 15,000. Economic base of the community; Industries targeted by the community as potential move-ins or candidates for expansion; Annual budget of each development commission.
- LDCs reassess mission in face of budget cuts. McNatt, Robert // Crain's New York Business;9/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p42
Reports that local development corporations (LDCs) in New York City have started to reassess their goals in response to budget cuts. Names, funding and plans of several LDCs; Funding sources which have stopped providing grants; Option of becoming self-taxing business improvement districts (BIDs).
- CEDC to approve new grant program. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/10/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Clarendon Economic Development Corporation Board of a program to help downtown property owners improve their storefronts.
- Top Community Futures Development Corporations. // Northern Ontario Business;May2002, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p6B
Presents a chart depicting on top community futures development corporations in Ontario. Names of corporations; Contact number; Types of lending programs; Amount of loans.
- A tough sell? Lucia, Matthew // Executive Report;Nov95, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p31
Explains why marketing is crucial to attracting business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Misconceptions of Pittsburgh as a dirty old town as hindering economic development; Burden of attracting new business given to the Penn's Southwest Association; Marketing efforts of the association;...
- Boston agency to refocus on planning. Gendron, Marie // Planning;Mar94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p32
Reports on the new mission of the Boston Redevelopment Authority. Changes in conjunction with Boston's building boom; Role of the BRA in city planning; Selection of a new director; Remarks.
- Pieces of the puzzle. Speizer, Irwin // Business North Carolina;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p28
Looks at the seven regional economic development partnerships in North Carolina. Groups as the state's front-line troops in the battle to attract and retain jobs; Question concerning the ability of regional groups in this venture; Background information on the groups.
- A neighborly approach to revival. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/09/96, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the emergence of community development corporations (CDCs) in the neighborhoods of Bridgeport, Norwalk and Stamford in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Provision of technical, organizational and financial assistance for rebuilding low-income neighborhoods; Identification of areas in...