Skills crisis needs local solutions
- Skilled New Canadians help address trades shortage. // Asian Pacific Post;12/12/2013, p4
The article focuses on the Industry Training Authority's (ITA) Immigrants in Trades Training program that supports the accreditation of New Canadians with technical skills from their home countries but need Canadian certification.
- Company awards woodworking training program. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug94, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p10
Profiles winner of the national Miniwax Community Craftsmen Award for 1994, created by Chicago's Greater West Town Community Development Project (GWTCDP). Woodworkers Training Program, its formation and aims; Purpose and contents of the award; Views of Miniwax about GWTCDP; Need for...
- Advanced manufacturing training hub will deliver skilled workforce. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;6/23/2014, Issue 117, p2
The article focuses on the advanced manufacturing and training hub which will increase skilled workforce suited for the need of businesses in Staffordshire and Stoke-on Trent in England.
- Manpower Programs and Regional Development. Briggs Jr., Vernon M. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar68, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p55
Examines the role of federally assisted manpower programs in helping to fulfill the need for trained and skilled labor in the Southern U.S. Variations in the degree of participation in training programs provided under the Manpower Development and Training Act; Growth in the acceptance of the...
- Training the Vietnamese. Agnelly, Robert L. // Training & Development Journal;Sep72, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the efforts of the Vietnamese government, with the cooperation of the United States, to build a skilled workforce in the country. Number of schools in the country; Impact of the war on the nation's educational system; Major problems involved in the building of an effective training...
- THE ROLE OF THE STATE IN VOCATIONAL TRAINING: THE CLASSICAL ECONOMISTS' VIEW. Hollander, Samuel // Southern Economic Journal;Apr68, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p513
In this note we discuss this issue specifically. The first impression, we shall see, is in fact one of hostility to government intervention even by those who were aware of serious impediments to labour mobility which prevent the private market from generating 'adequate' supplies of skilled...
- Industries, Colleges Work To Close Louisiana Skilled Labor Gap. // Community College Week;11/25/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p12
The article offers information on the U.S. state of Louisiana and its increasing demand for skilled workers for companies like Laitram Corp. and Turner Industries Group, and the need for local educational institutions to implement more trade labor training programs.
- Skilled labor shortage could help Alamo Colleges center. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;6/11/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p4A
The article focuses on the Skills Development Fund job training program with the partnership between the Floresville Economic Development Corp., the Alamo Colleges, and the Floresville Independent School District to fill the lack of skilled men and women in various in-demand fields of employment.
- Tech Foundry May Yield Better Workforce. // BusinessWest;6/2/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p12
The author reflects on the contributions of the Tech Foundry, an initiative led by Delcie Bean of technology firm Paragus Strategic IT, to job applicants and employers who seek skilled workers in 2014.