- Fusion spotlight. // Network World;11/08/99, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p42
Presents various items from `NetworkWorld' magazine's Web site as of November 8, 1999. Explanation of how proposed technologies become standard by Internet Engineering Task Force chair Fred Baker; How an internet service provider might prevent accidental deletion of Domain Name System (DNS)...
- LOSE EMPLOYEES... NOT THEIR INFORMATION! Blair, Barclay // Infonomics;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p16
The article presents steps on how on employers handle information during the reduction in force and employee termination. It mentions the need to assess the employee termination protocol that should be formalized, documented and strictly followed. Another step is to identify the environments...
- ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT All. Elliot, Alan // Communications News;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p39
The article discusses e-mail in the workplace and the issue of extending e-mail accounts to all workers. It lists employees who frequently do not have access to e-mail through their employer including those who work in the manufacturing, retail, and service industries. Reasons why e-mail...
- People and technology--establishing a comfort zone. Held, Vera // Canadian Banker;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p18
Discusses various aspects of electronic mail transmission. Views of bankers on the use of electronic mail; Comfortability with the use of electronic mail system; Adaptation of people with the benefits and changes introduced by technology; Expression of personality in electronic mail transmission.
- Spammers invent new tricks as fast as consumers learn not to be drawn in. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;12/21/98, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p83
Focuses on the diversity of techniques created by spammers to trick e-mail users. Use of the no-risk, money-making strategy; Need for e-mail users to be alert enough to spot spamming.
- Boosting your IM IQ will pay off. Johnson, Johna Till // Network World;3/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p48
Reports the use of instant messaging (IM) on business in the United States. Efficiency of the IM technology; Capability of IM to the next generation devices; Implications on the use of IM for the companies and service providers.
- DOWNTIME. // Computer Weekly;4/29/2003, p76
This article presents various information related to information technology as of April 29, 2003. Thomas Vogel, a resident of Munich, Germany has complained the police regarding a fake online auction bid sent to him through electronic mail system from an online auction firm. Amanda Hoyland, a...
- No time for geeks. BOYD, JOHN // Computing Japan;Mar1999, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p48
Discusses the author's view on the effect of improvements in information and communication technology on people and work. Time spent in reading electronic mail; Speed of innovation on the Internet; Insight and imagination among technology professionals.
- Are you an every-minute e-mailer? Berry, Mindy // Glamour;Feb2004, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p112
Provides tips for employees in sending e-mails.