- Managing the Future Employment Relationship: The Legislative Alternative. Gomes, Glenn M.; Morgan, James F. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer91, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p41
Explores the changes in employment relationship. Description of an employment relationship; Ways in which management deals with employment-related changes; Issues associated with a legislation that defines the principles of employment termination; Techniques in preventing the risk of liability...
- Consultation is not redundant. Baker, Paddy // Works Management;Jun2001, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the issue of redundancy consultation in Europe. European Directive on Information and Consultation; British law on consultation; Industrial relations.
- You're so fired. // Cosmopolitan;Jan1998, Vol. 224 Issue 1, p96
Shares stories of employee termination. How a woman lost her job for a roommate; Electronic mail messages which led another to be fired; Voice mail messages which became the reason for job termination. INSET: Fire extinguishers, by Mary K. Moore.
- Employee argues against his firing. // Office Manager Today;Aug2014, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
The article provides an answer to a question of what would an employer do if an employee argues about his or her termination from work.
- How Far Is Boss's Reach? Stasell, Wendy L. // ABA Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p32
Discusses cases on dismissal of employees for online activity. Overview of a lawsuit filed by Bill Owens against his employer; Arguments in favor of employers' right to intervene in employees' online activity; Suggestions on creating a policy regarding employees' online activity.
- Bargaining a good-bye. Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p61
Provides tips for employees in negotiating a departure deal. Importance of setting priorities; Proper way to deal with employer's demand.
- Liability influences hiring, firing decisions. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;5/8/95, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p16
Discusses the intervention of the employers in the personal activities of the employees and the disciplinary action taken against them for the same. Note on employment-discrimination cases; Opinions of some employers; Issues not open to employer's actions; Reasons.
- The 'I Hate You' Defense. Segal, Jonathan A. // HR Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p125
Discusses cases wherein an employer terminated an employee for the reason that he cannot tolerate the presence of the other. Situations in which it makes more business sense to fire someone rather than to allow a bad situation to fester and lead to problems; Consequence of not allowing a...
- Poor performance and termination. Levin, Roger P. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jan2011, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p91
The article offers tips and steps on how dentists can terminate employment for poor performance. It suggests that dentists must place a standardized disciplinary process and ensure that all team members are aware of the process are critical steps to dissuading poor performance. It indicates that...