Infrastructure goes under the knife
- Spanning. // Roads & Bridges;Jun99, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p20
Reports developments in the road construction industry in the United States as of June 1999. Includes upgrading of surface transportation needs; Relevance of opening underutilized High-Occupancy Vehicle lanes to single-occupant vehicles; Preparation of workbook for road construction.
- CSD--that's the beauty part. Fitzgerald, Bill // Roads & Bridges;May2001, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the increased use of Context Sensitive Design (CSD) methods by highway construction firms and highway agencies in the United States. Response to the need for highway designs that preserve environmental, scenic, community and historic resources; Key features of CSD methods; States...
- SPANNING THE NEWS. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Nov2001, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p10
Reports the developments related to road construction firms in the United States. Proposal for additional government funding for highway infrastructure by a coalition of industry groups; Semi-finalists of the Sheldon G. Hayes Award for excellence in asphalt pavement construction; Refusal of...
- ROADWORKS. // Motor Transport;5/5/2005, p10
Presents an update on several road construction projects in Great Britain as of May 5, 2005. A40 at Powys, Wales; A329 at Oxfordshire, England; A249 at Kent, England.
- KH Construction wins $4.8M Academy Bid. Cornell, Halley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/23/2003, Issue 323090, p1
Reports on the winning of the road expansion contract of KH Construction Inc. in Fresno County, California. Total cost of the project; Management of traffic congestion; Increase of road capacity.
- SOUTH CAROLINA BYPASS LINK IS NO LONGER THE ROAD TO NOWHERE. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/17/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the possible completion of a road construction project in South Carolina ahead of schedule. Location of the project; Fluor Daniel Inc.'s construction of the road; Reduction of the project's costs.
- Full Speed Ahead. Cho, Aileen; Daniels, Stephen H. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/02/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p30
Reports developments on the Interstate 15 road construction project in Salt Lake City, Utah. Estimation of total project cost; Reason for the construction; Initiation plans made with special permits.
- Highway industry builds coalitions. Wilkins, Will // Roads & Bridges;Mar98, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the positive aspects of the United States highway construction industry's reauthorization process. Start of the industry's reauthorization effort under the Transportation Construction Coalition (TCC); Major goals of TCC; Other coalition that has played a key role in the...
- Highway Robbery? Korol, Sergei // Transitions Online;1/17/2011, p1
The article focuses on the variance in the costs of highway construction in Poland charged by domestic contractors and Chinese contractors. It discusses the impact of globalization on the culturally, ethnically and religiously homogeneous societies of Central Europe, the growing investments of...