S&P withdraws 17 ratings, pointing to lack of information
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Eau Claire, Wis., Water Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p36
Reports on the upgrade of rating on revenue bonds of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, by standard & Poor's Corp. as of September 10, 2003.
- Standard & Poor's Eases GIC Policy For AAA Structured Housing Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p3
Reports the changes in the rating policy on triple-A rated, structured single-and multifamily housing deals for bond issuers by the Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Modification of the multifamily housing deals; Advancement of the modification to Federal Housing Administration whole-loan...
- Fitch, S&P Upgrade Pontiac, Mich., Ahead of Water and Sewer Offerings. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p32
Reports the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to increase the rating of Pontiac water and sewer bonds in Detroit, Michigan. Changes in the ordinance governing the sewer and water rate increases; Improvements in debt services; Need to develop water and sewer systems.
- Peru Launches US$500mn Bond. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p11
Reports that Peru successfully launched US$500mn in 12-year global bonds. Reason for the decision of rating agency Standard & Poor's to affirm the nation's BB-credit rating; Status of the administration's 2003 privatisation program.
- S&P will indicate derivatives risk in its bond ratings. Tomasula, Dean // American Banker;7/1/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 126, p24
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s plan to introduce the use of an R symbol with its bond ratings. Efforts to allay investor concerns about derivatives; Indication of market or derivative risk significance; Explanation from Standard & Poor's Ratings Group president Leo O'Neill concerning...
- Smithfield's Success. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31508, p35
Reports on the increase in rating of bonds of Smithfield, North Carolina, by Standard & Poor's Corp. reflecting economic development with growth in assessed valuation as of November 7, 2002.
- Standard & Poor's upgrades Virginia County. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p36
Reports that Standard and Poor's upgraded its rating on Chesterfield County, Virginia's $251 million of general obligation bonds to AAA from AA-plus. What else was upgraded by the agency; Location of Chesterfield; Contents of a report written by analysts Hyman C. Grossman, Yolanda Clemons and...
- S&P, Fitch rate Ohio issue AA-minus; deal comes to market next week. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;05/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30384, p48
Reports on Standard & Poor's issuance of an AA-minus rating to the state of Ohio's $70 million of upcoming transportation revenue bonds. Comparison of the rating to Standard & Poor's rating for the state's general obligation debt; Description of the state's 10-year bonds.
- S&P donwgrades Illinois utility bonds over power contract default. // Bond Buyer;07/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30436, p31
Discloses that Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded Springfield, Illinois' electric revenue bonds. Lawsuit filed over the city's power supply contracts; Effect of the downgrade on the outstanding 1991, uninsured, senior-lien bonds.