Economists: Lowest jobless rate in decades won't sway fed to move
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr99, p11
Provides information on the condition of labor markets in the United States as of March 1999. Industries where employment losses were prominent; Decline in the number of unemployed; Growth of the nonfarm business productivity in the fourth quarter of 1998.
- C.1 UNEMPLOYMENT. // Labour Market Trends;Mar2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 112, pS36
Presents several charts about unemployment between 1993 and 2003. Number of people who are unemployed up to six months duration in Great Britain; Number of people who are unemployed over twelve months duration; Unemployment rates in Australia, Belgium and Canada.
- STILL LOOKING: The Lengthening of Unemployment Duration. Krantz, John // Trendlines;Nov/Dec2010, p14
The article examines Utah's labor market performance in comparison to the U.S. unemployment figures. It proposes the use of unemployment duration as a measurement to determine labor market performance. It shows that 50 percent of Utah's workers were unemployed for more than 11 weeks, compared to...
- Jobless Claims Hit 7-Year Low. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/11/2014, pA01
6 New jobless claims fell 32,000 last week to 300,000, the lowest since May 2007. Continuing claims also hit their lowest level since the recession's start. While the later Easter holiday could skew seasonal adjustments, claims have been steadily declining, suggesting the job market is at least...
- Labour is still working. // Credit Management;Apr2002, p11
Reports the evidence of the resilience of the Labor market. Number of people claiming benefits; Percentage rate of increase of jobless people.
- The Concept of the Labor Market. Kotliar, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jul98, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on labor market. Discussion on the nature of the labor market; Foundation of a country's labor potential; How the broad interpretation of the labor market confuses the issue of the correlation of unemployment policies and policies in the labor market.
- Microeconomic Analysis of Dynamic Changes in the Russian Labor Market. Sabirianova, K. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jul98, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p66
Discusses the condition of the labor market in Russia. Categories of employment in the country; Composition of each of the categories; Analysis on the dynamics of the labor market.
- Non-Farm Payrolls Up 58,000 in March. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p2
Reports the results of a survey on the labor market in the U.S. Increase on the level of unemployment rate; Amount of non-farm payroll gain reported by the Labor Department; Factors causing the increase in non-farm employment.
- Oct. Payrolls Slip; Unemployment at 5.7%. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31505, p2
Reports on an increase in the unemployment rate inspite of decreased job losses in the U.S. Labor market in October 2002. Comparison between the unemployment rate between September and October; Revision of payrolls in September 2002.
- Non-farm payrolls up 275,000 in February. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p2
Announces an increase in the unemployment rate in the United States even as jobs were added to nonfarm payrolls in February 1999. Job figures for the month; Key areas posting gains in employment; Average early earnings; Average workweek.