Arkansas leaders push first highway bonds in 50 years
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p31
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of December 5, 2000. Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's tax law cleanup initiative; Kenwood School District's use of federal funds to pay a legal judgment in Oklahoma; Galveston City Council's plan to...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Walker, Patrick M.; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p31
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of April 10, 2001. Legislation related to bond issuance in Arizona; Extension of an olive branch to Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas; Moratorium on the creation of new charter schools in Texas.
- Garvees Forever? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p35
Announces the intention of Governor Mike Huckabee to officially set a special election on whether the state will issue bonds for colleges and interstate highways in Arkansas.
- Candidate Files Complaint Against Arkansas Governor. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p43
The article focuses on a complaint against Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee for using state computers to send e-mails in support of two bond. Drew Pritt, a Democratic candidate for the post of lieutenant governor of Arkansas, filed a complaint with the Arkansas Ethics Commission against Huckabee,...
- Texas DOT May Get More Cash as Locals Move to Toll Roads. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p6
Reports on the plan of Texas to issue bonds for road construction. Road needs of the state; Criticism on the funding scheme.
- Texas' Perry Stumps for Highway Bonds to Speed Up Projects and Lower Price. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p6
Reports on ballot initiatives to use bonds for highway projects in Texas. Creation of highways with pay-as-you-go financing; System of highway funding in Texas.
- Colorado, W. Virginia governors call for highway bonds. Preston, Darrell; Meisler, Dan // Bond Buyer;01/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30560, p4
States that governors in Colorado and West Virginia have used their state addresses as platforms to call for new bonds to help continue and accelerate their state's highway construction plans. Colorado Governor Bill Owens' plan to abandon the state's pay-as-you-go method of funding highway;...
- As Southwest Resumes Business, It Uncovers Some Costly Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p1
Reports the approval of big bond packages by city and state governments despite the possibility of economic recession in the United States. Impact of the terrorist attack on the World; Passage of the final ballot language for a general obligation bond referendum; Use of the bond for road projects.
- Kyle council takes up bond package. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/15/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 19, p3A
The article informs that the members of Kyle council will use financial bonds for financing a road development project.