N.Y.C. picks tobacco deal legal team
- ASSET--BACKEDS. // Asset Securitization Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p11
Presents photographs of the 2004 American Securitization Forum (ASF) held in New York City. Participants Vernon Wright and Blake Murphy; Speaker Cowan of Orrick; Socializing participants.
- Orrick in NY Cadwalader raid. Cushnie, Lorraine // Lawyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p13
The article reports on the partnerships of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has swapped on Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft for two structured finance partners, including the high profile James Croke in its New York office. Croke and Peter Manbeck join as the firm's sixth and seven partner in the last...
- EFFICIENCY PAYS OFF AS SIV CASES COME TO ENGLISH COURTS. Berris, Julia // Lawyer;7/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p13
The article reports on the implications of the credit crunch on structured investment vehicles (SIVs) to employment for firms in both the U.S. and Great Britain. It states that Clifford Chance LLP , Lovells LLP, and Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP are among those firms who have reaped the...
- NYC suits Frisco law firm. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p37
Focuses on Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe a San Francisco based law firm, as it tries to establish itself in New York. Plans to compete with other New York firms; Size of the firm; Information on firm's growth plans; Problems faced by the firm.
- Orrick Offers Options for Strapped California Governments. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p23
The article reports on the move of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP in San Francisco, California, to send out pamphlets entitled "Budget Relief and Deficit Financing By Local Governments in California," which gives options to local governments that are facing budget deficits in the area....
- Orrick looks for further growth in Los Angeles with new office head. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 31, pUS1
Deals with the appointment of real estate partner Michael McAndrews as head of the Los Angeles, California office of law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe in July 2002. Reason for his selection; Background on the branch office.
- Orrick takes on $9bn State of California municipal finance deal. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, pUS1
Reports that Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, a law firm in California, has landed a $9-billion municipal finance deal with the state.
- Orrick Herrington Raids Ater Wynne's Public Finance Office in Portland. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p6
Reports that San Francisco, California-based law firm Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP has hired several members of Ater Wynne LLP's public finance group in Portland, Oregon. Names of these persons; Positions held by the persons at Ater; Profile of these people.
- Muni rival courting Chapman lawyers. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/17/95, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p30
Reports that Chicago, Illinois law firm Chapman & Cutler is beset by speculation that a group of bond specialists is considering a defection to San Francisco, California-based competitor Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe.