NOTICES OF BOOKS
- Books Received: Physical Sciences. // American Scientist;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p219
Presents a list of books about the physical sciences published around 1987 and received by the "American Scientist" periodical. "Conduction Polymers: Special Applications"; "Carbon Dioxide as a Source of Carbon: Biochemical and Chemical Uses".
- New books. // South African Journal of Science;Oct97, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p429
Presents several books on physical sciences available as of October 1997. Includes `Our Evolving Universe,' by Malcolm Longair; `The Sea Surface and Global Change,' edited by Peter S. Liss and Robert A. Duce; `The Blue Laser Diode,' by Shuji Nakamura.
- Physical science. // Science & Children;Sep1994, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p45s
Presents literature in physical science. `Targeting Students' Science Misconceptions,' by Joseph Stepans; `Science on a Shoestring,' by Herb Strongin; `The Sound Spectrum'; `Sound Science,' by Etta Kaner; `Physics for Every Kid,' by Janice VanCleave; `Amusement Park Physics,' by Nathan A....
- NEW BOOKS. // Physics Today;Jun88, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p90
This section presents a bibliography of physics books.
- New books. // Physics Today;Mar76, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p62
Presents a list of books on physics released as of March 1, 1976.
- Briefly noted. // Sky & Telescope;Aug96, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p57
Features books on astronomy. Includes `Observations Concerning the Planet Venus,' by Francesco Bianchini, translated by Sally Beaumont; `Blind Watchers of the Sky,' by Rocky Kolb; `Water on Mars,' by Michael H. Carr.
- Briefly noted. // Sky & Telescope;Nov96, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p60
Recommends various books about astronomy. Includes `UK Solar Eclipses From Year 1,' by Sheridan Williams; `The Nature of Space and Time,' by Stephen Hawking and Rober Penrose; `Project ASTRO: How-To-Manual for Teachers and Astronomers,' by Jessica Richter.
- The Turbulent Sun: Additional Reading. // Natural History;Nov76, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p85
Lists resources on astronomy and solar research. 'Modern astronomy,' by Ludwig Oster; 'Introductory Astronomy and Astrophysics,' by Elske P. Smith and Kenneth C. Jacobs; 'The Quiet Sun,' by Edward Gibson; 'Sunspots,' by R.J. Bray and R.E. Loughhead.
- Briefly noted. // Sky & Telescope;Jan97, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p68
Presents books related to astronomy as of January 1997. Includes `The Astronomical Almanac for the Year 1997'; `The Handbook of the British Astronomical Association 1997'; `Observer's Handbook'; `1997 Comet Handbook'.