Finding Value in Wireless
- Infrastructure and handsets take Filtronic into profit. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;1/29/2003, Issue 2084, p3
Presents information on wireless company Filtronic in the six months to the end of November 2002. Market share increase in its cellular handsets and wireless infrastructure businesses; Pre-tax profit gained by the firm; Percentage increase in the sale of mobile handset antennas.
- Nokia. Carter, Ben // Marketing (00253650);5/12/2004, p22
Ignoring consumer demand for clamshell phones has been a factor in a 15% profit fall. Until recently, the word Nokia conjured up images of cutting-edge mobile phones and innovative design. Its most recent financial results, for the first quarter of 2004, show sales had fallen by more than 2%...
- Wireless handset market boosts Filtronic. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;2/11/2004, Issue 2133, p14
Filtronic PLC has seen strong growth on the back of the wireless hand-set market in its interim operating profits. Sales of antennas to the wireless handset market increased by 37 per cent. The company also reported increased market share and better margins in the manufacturing of antennas as a...
- Wireless Modules: Big Benefits in Little Packages. McCartney, David // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov2002 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p83
Focuses on the advantages of the Plug-N-Play wireless solution for the wireless communication industry. Alteration of product design; Increase of the market share; Answer to customer demand.
- RF Micro Expects Above Average Handset Sales. // Electronic News;2/9/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Forecasts the rise in dollar content of RF Micro Devices Inc. in wireless technologies in 2004. Increase in sales in the handset market expected by the company; Percentage of increase in dollar content per handset manufactured since 2001; Growth in the power amplifier market share of the company.
- Quarter is good to wireless vendors. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Looks at the financial reports posted by several wireless communication providers for the second quarter of 1999. Role of the decline in sales of Ericsson in the termination of its president Sven-Christer Nilsson; Increase in net sales experienced by Nokia Corp.; Factors influencing the...
- Operating profits soar for wireless industry. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;4/17/2003, p5
Reports on the increase of operating profits of wireless service providers in Canada during the year 2002. Reasons for decrease in revenues and profits of wireline industry; Ratio of digital subscribers to subscribers of wireless services; Information on reduction of capital expenditure of...
- Playing on the market slide. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p10
Comments on the negative effect of the use of shareholder money on the profit base of wireless communication companies in the United States. Decrease of corporate earnings; Reduction of stock prices; Lack of consideration for the time period to gain profitability.
- Western Is 'Steady Eddie.' // Wireless Week;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the financial performance of Bellevue, a wireless provider for rural residents in western states of the United States. Earnings posted for the their quarter of 2000; Additional number of subscribers for the period; Details on its revenue.